WKU vs. UNT game changed

Dr. Seuss

The student turn out has never been a problem, it's the alumni. Maybe I'm in the minority again, but I'm not a fan of weekday days. Ruins the whole tailgating experience. Honestly, tailgating is really the only thing I look forward too. Not sold on the on field product.

• Upvote 3

televised game is a plus. decent opponent at home should be a hype game. if they have a decent record, they could be ranked.

short week for them to travel. after a possible hard game against mid tenn. we play portland at home the week before.

this increases our chance for the upset with more time to prepare while they travel and have only a few days.

• Upvote 1

I like it! I hope it's nationally televised... At least we know that people around the country wanting to watch football that night will tune in on that game. Its much better then a 11am game on a Saturday.. And competing with TCU, Texas, A&M games, as well as alumni missing the Saturday game due to kid's sports events. Plus like people are saying, student turnout to week night games are usually great.

I like it! I hope it's nationally televised... At least we know that people around the country wanting to watch football that night will tune in on that game. Its much better then a 11am game on a Saturday.. And competing with TCU, Texas, A&M games, as well as alumni missing the Saturday game due to kid's sports events. Plus like people are saying, student turnout to week night games are usually great.

Agreed. It's better than an 11am kick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

no problem with it...take off a half day...and the next...tailgate from about noon until the game...but i don't like only 4 home saturday games...oh well, add in smu and latech and i've still got saturday games to attend

Agreed. It's better than an 11am kick.

I'm sorry, but give me an 11 am Saturday kick over Thursday night every time. I'd much rather wake up early, have a nice breakfast, drink mimosas and enjoy the rest of my day after the game than using PTO to leave work early, battle the traffic to Denton, tailgate for only a couple hours, and then not get home until around midnight...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

How many MAC/ CUSA/ Sun Belt weekday games did you watch last season? I probably only watched a couple and I watch a lot of a sports. Middle of October is MLB playoffs, ALCS/NLCS games to be exact. I can imagine more people will be watching playoff baseball than WKU vs. UNT.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to be on TV. I just don't see that many positives.

• Upvote 1

How many MAC/ CUSA/ Sun Belt weekday games did you watch last season? I probably only watched a couple and I watch a lot of a sports. Middle of October is MLB playoffs, ALCS/NLCS games to be exact. I can imagine more people will be watching playoff baseball than WKU vs. UNT.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to be on TV. I just don't see that many positives.

It may just be the people I'm around, but people I know won't watch the playoffs unless the Rangers are in it. I personally would watch any level of football over baseball, but you have a point. I can't disagree with that I guess.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a Greek alum but if there was ever a night to have a special Greek promotion, this is it....much like the basketball game this year. The student section was huge that night

I mean, we're having a tough enough time getting Mexaians to Apogee... Don't you think Greece is a little too far to cast our nets?

Maybe I'm just ignorant of the # of Greeks we have here in DFW, and this really could be a boon for our attendance?

Tasty, any views on this?

EDIT: Dangit, Tasty already commented... Your promo idea doesn't have a good outlook Mr. Scott.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 4

The student turn out has never been a problem, it's the alumni. Maybe I'm in the minority again, but I'm not a fan of weekday days. Ruins the whole tailgating experience. Honestly, tailgating is really the only thing I look forward too. Not sold on the on field product.

If there was just one sentence that totally encompasses how easy the AD has it here, this is it...and its why RV will never leave her until he retires. I mean, how can your get rid of a guy who so brilliantly opened up football tailgating for a university in the South? You cannot put a price on that kind of vision...//BOR member

• Upvote 1

For our family this one hurts. Our daughter and grandson come to the games with us. Since this is now on a school night they won't make this one. We were already probably going to miss the Halloween game and the Thanksgiving weekend game so this cuts our family football events to two. That stinks.

• Upvote 1

If there was just one sentence that totally encompasses how easy the AD has it here, this is it...and its why RV will never leave her until he retires. I mean, how can your get rid of a guy who so brilliantly opened up football tailgating for a university in the South? You cannot put a price on that kind of vision...//BOR member

I think what he's trying to say is that even though the product on the field usually sucks, he still wants to come out and have a good time and support UNT. And since the game probably won't be fun, you have to resort to drinking/tailgating to get your fix. The program would be in a lot better position if more fans had the same mentality. Doesn't mean you still can't be pissed about the sad state of the team.

• Upvote 3

For our family this one hurts. Our daughter and grandson come to the games with us. Since this is now on a school night they won't make this one. We were already probably going to miss the Halloween game and the Thanksgiving weekend game so this cuts our family football events to two. That stinks.

Yep, it sucks that it had to be one of the good weekend games. I would of rather had a game on thanksgiving, than moving the WKU game. Thanksgiving tailgate, watch the Cowboys game, then go watch a night game at Apogee.