Neal.Smatresk@unt.edu

greenit

Lol.

Can there be a bigger example of not giving a crap about athletics than this?

Just head shakenly sad.

And If you want to email RV about the BB program just remember what kind of response you will get --

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

I can tell you that I sent an email and received a response from Dr. Smatresk within 15 minutes. He didn't say much, but at least I know he read the email.

The basic premise of the email is that we want to see that there is accountability, just as we expect from our academic programs.

• Upvote 7

I can tell you that I sent an email and received a response from Dr. Smatresk within 15 minutes. He didn't say much, but at least I know he read the email.

The basic premise of the email is that we want to see that there is accountability, just as we expect from our academic programs.

Not saying it was not him, but he has at least 1-2 people that look through e-mails for him for scheduling, responding, etc.

I just sent a extensive email voicing my concern for our athletics future. Hope he read it, because I had a lot to say to him. The basketball program is crumbling in front of our eyes and our football team is going through droughts. I told him that someone needs to be accountable and in my opinion, that is RV.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

Of course not. The mean green do the bed like the best of them. UNT is a s university and never does anything right. Birds up baby! Go UTSA

Has someone stolen your account?? You are the most positive poster on the board, and have been for as long as I can remember. What the heck happened while I was out on Christmas Vacation?!!?

• Upvote 1

This is good to know. At least he read it....

He actually is the one personally managing and responding to his Twitter account too; I've watched him do it in person.

My former boss on campus noticed a deficiency in an HR policy comparatively to some other Higher Ed institutions. He unsolicited linked to a few articles on the matter to President Smatresk's Twitter. He got a personal response back within the hour and a detailed follow-up from System HR within the day. Now a month or two later, HR's policy is changing to correct the oversight.

This stuff works, people. Stop being so cynical.

• Upvote 2

WARNING......thanks to the URCM department, any email sent to that address above gets their filter system, and if the email lists a concern regarding the athletic department then that email gets forwarded DIRECTLY TO RV!!!!!!!!

Take my word on this.

Rick

Interesting. I have sent several such emails...each one being responded to directly by the Prez...never once were they responded to by RV. Also...email sent to RV is responded to by him or by phone or in person at the Super Pit, Apogee or some UNT event where we both happen to be present.

Not saying in any that way this redirection is incorrect, just saying my experience has been totally different. And, I know such re-direction happens quite often in the corporate world. It's often done for the sake of a quicker response and to direct the email to the person ultimately responsible for that area of operation. Not saying it is right or wrong...just that it is done.

• Upvote 1

He actually is the one personally managing and responding to his Twitter account too; I've watched him do it in person.

My former boss on campus noticed a deficiency in an HR policy comparatively to some other Higher Ed institutions. He unsolicited linked to a few articles on the matter to President Smatresk's Twitter. He got a personal response back within the hour and a detailed follow-up from System HR within the day. Now a month or two later, HR's policy is changing to correct the oversight.

This stuff works, people. Stop being so cynical.

^^^^This is possibly the best bit of news I've read here since the announcement of The hiring of Tracy Kee.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick