Tony Mitchell Traded to Phoenix Suns

cdizzle86

http://www.fantasypros.com/nba/news/19514/tony-mitchell-traded-to-phoenix-anthony-tolliver.php

This can only be a good thing. Detroit has proven that they don't know how to develop talent.

Good luck Tony!!

I'm not sure this is a good thing. I hope it is but he was much more likely to get minutes on a bad detriot team than a good Phoenix team.

He is also sitting behind a lot of good young talent. I hope he shows them what he can do and make an impact.

Edited by Andrew

Well after reading more into it, rumors say that Phoenix will waive Mitchell.

Playing for Detroit does nothing but hurt Tony. He needs to be with a coach that can help him develop.

Maybe Europe is in his future? You have to have a motor to play in the NBA and make Tony is still lacking that?

Maybe the 76rs will pick him and give me a chance. He is a very raw talent but the key is talent. He has a lot of it.

Edited by Andrew

Put him on Mavs sick chandler on him.... I'm sure that motor will change. That or as much as I hate to say it the Spurs if anyone can get his talent out its Carlisle or Pop

Please no Spurs! I would happily take mitchell over jermaine O'niel with our open roster spot! Mitchell is more like Wright than O'niel.

• Downvote 3

Please no Spurs! I would happily take mitchell over jermaine O'niel with our open roster spot! Mitchell is more like Wright than O'niel.

Dude... I'm as big a UNT and TM homer as the next guy, but as a Mavs fan this is insane. I'd take a proven veteran over someone who will be in the D-Leagues most of this year...

• Upvote 1

Dude... I'm as big a UNT and TM homer as the next guy, but as a Mavs fan this is insane. I'd take a proven veteran over someone who will be in the D-Leagues most of this year...

Mitchel is more like Wright than Oniel. That's a fact. It's does not mean that he is better than oniel. Mitchell's gameplay was all about offensive rebounds, put backs, and ally's. Oniel is more of a power guy who can rebound but he backs the post down. At least he use to the last time I payed attention to him playing.

Mitchel is more like Wright than Oniel. That's a fact. It's does not mean that he is better than oniel. Mitchell's gameplay was all about offensive rebounds, put backs, and ally's. Oniel is more of a power guy who can rebound but he backs the post down. At least he use to the last time I payed attention to him playing.

There's no comparison with TM and Wright as of right now because they are on two completely different levels. Now, if you want to compare him to say, Eric Griffin in the Texas Legends right now, or someone like that, be my guest.

• Upvote 1

Heaven forbid Tony gets on with a world class organization and receives mentorship from the best coach in the league and savvy veterans.

As much as I hate the Spurs, I would much rather him go there than almost any other team...except the Mavs of course.

There are a few areas where the Spurs are better....flopping and crying after every foul.

Edited by cdizzle86

And wearing championship rings.

As a Mavs fan I have nothing but respect for the Spurs. I think Carisle and Pop are easily the two best coaches in the league and they both have the most unselfish players in Nowitzki and Duncan who both took pay cuts for their teams. Now Houston is another story.

• Upvote 3

As a Mavs fan I have nothing but respect for the Spurs. I think Carisle and Pop are easily the two best coaches in the league and they both have the most unselfish players in Nowitzki and Duncan who both took pay cuts for their teams. Now Houston is another story.

This. Tony needs to go to a team with a great coach and selfless players that will mentor him.

Does this mean he will play in the Phoenix D-league team until he is released?

Probably so. He will be on their "roster" but they can only suit up I think 13 players a game so the other 2 or so on the roster play in the D-Leagues. I wish nothing but the best for Tony but I doubt anyone will pick him up off waivers because he would have to be put on their rosters and most teams are full at this point in the season. I could see him ending up in Europe. Unfortunately the NBA is probably the toughest sports league to break into because of limited roster spots...

I think unless you are a top-10 pick prodigy one-and-done or straight from high school player your probability of being on an active roster for a extended period of time is statistically low. The aforementioned Brandon Wright -- who is considered a role player, albeit s very good one -- was an 8th overall pick.