Pelini gone at Nebraska; Morris heading to SMU

Harry

Chad Morris is what I think Dodge would have been had he taken the proper path (incredible HS coaching resume -> QB's coach -> OC -> HC).

If Chad Morris comes back to Texas as a HC, he's going to do VERY WELL. He's going to have tons of HS contacts due to his brief time @ Lake Travis.

He was also president of the at THSCA. He recieved 250 texts from his fellow Texas High School coaches on his first day.

http://smu.scout.com/story/1487348-five-things-chad-morris-has-to-do?s=357

Rick

Chad Morris is what I think Dodge would have been had he taken the proper path (incredible HS coaching resume -> QB's coach -> OC -> HC).

If Chad Morris comes back to Texas as a HC, he's going to do VERY WELL. He's going to have tons of HS contacts due to his brief time @ Lake Travis.

It's still SMUt. There is a reason they've had like 7 coaches in 20 years. The campus culture, the admissions requirements, and the fickle fanbase all play a part in tough recruiting and losing.

To be our DC? To make more than our head coach? Pelini is about to make 7 figures at a P5 giant somewhere as a coordinator or as a head coach at another school somehwere...

Was thinking as a HC. Would he be guaranteed more than that as a coordinator at Oklahoma or Washington State or whatever? I doubt he jumps straight back into head coaching unless it's a G5 school ala Petrino/Solich.