Let me preempt a lot of posts

emmitt01

This love fest with DW is nauseating. No one defended GREER when he threw less pick 6's against Texas but we start threads defending DW WHEN HE PERFORMS LIKE THAT AGAINST UAB? Come on.

Dajon made basic mistakes that you would hope your QBs wouldn't make. His last two TOs in particular were cringe-inducing.

The difference between Dajon and Greer though is that Dajon has the offense moving and can make positive plays most of the time. I assume the fans would rather see an offense that moves most of the time and gives up the occasional TO then an offense that continually goes 3-and-out with the occasional TO and no sense of momentum whatsoever.

Everyone had to know that the Nicholls St game would be an aberration and Dajon couldn't match that level of performance against C-USA teams.

I still think Dajon will come good, especially if he can get an o-line who can block (our LT yesterday in particular had a shocker. A UAB lineman went right around the LT and sacked Dajon - but that's also a bit on Dajon; he needs to have had better pocket presence then that.) and a playcaller who helps his QB out. While some of Dajon's decisions yesterday were baffling (and will be a steep, harsh learning curve for him) the playcalling was worse.

• Upvote 1

This love fest with DW is nauseating. No one defended GREER when he threw less pick 6's against Texas but we start threads defending DW WHEN HE PERFORMS LIKE THAT AGAINST UAB? Come on.

The difference is this. When DW makes boneheaded mistakes (and no doubt he did) people can look at our offense and say "man, when he gets a grasp of things this offense will really hum". When Greer turns the ball over we say "at least SOMEBODY is scoring off of his passes".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dajon made basic mistakes that you would hope your QBs wouldn't make. His last two TOs in particular were cringe-inducing.

The difference between Dajon and Greer though is that Dajon has the offense moving and can make positive plays most of the time. I assume the fans would rather see an offense that moves most of the time and gives up the occasional TO then an offense that continually goes 3-and-out with the occasional TO and no sense of momentum whatsoever.

Everyone had to know that the Nicholls St game would be an aberration and Dajon couldn't match that level of performance against C-USA teams.

I still think Dajon will come good, especially if he can get an o-line who can block (our LT yesterday in particular had a shocker. A UAB lineman went right around the LT and sacked Dajon - but that's also a bit on Dajon; he needs to have had better pocket presence then that.) and a playcaller who helps his QB out. While some of Dajon's decisions yesterday were baffling (and will be a steep, harsh learning curve for him) the playcalling was worse.

Both QBS ARE NOT READY. Whether DW is going to be a super stud or not- HE IS NOT GOOD RIGHT NOW. The LINE is faulted only when DW is taking the snaps though. Ridiculous. IMO- Call it fair or don't call it at all.

I seem to remember a similar play where it wasn't necessarily a sack but DW tripping over our tackle and the D-lineman literally laying right beside him on the ground.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From what I remember from the Texas and LaTech games, Greer wasn't under that much pressure though with a small sample size it's hard to say. But yesterday the o-line didn't help but neither did Dajon in his pocket presence - which will improve.

Bottom line is this: Dajon has shown some moxie and ability to make plays that gets the offense moving and down the field. Greer hasn't/couldn't/won't and so when he makes mistakes people are less likely to be patient.

Are we really comparing Greer to DW?

We are after yesterday afternoon. Yes.

Let me just add this:

I understand the staffs reluctance to start him at the beginning of the year. I coach and I played college sports. Give me a coachable athlete who commits to doing his job, grins and bears it and does what he has to do for the team even when he's not a starter and WE STILL GET THE GIFT OF HIM SHOWING UP FOR PRACTICE.

The whole putting the team first thing has really worked out well for teams in the past.

But I'm with Vito on this one- THIS YEAR: there really isn't a good choice.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think the staff have given up on Greer, tbh.

Last couple of times Williams has come out McNulty has gone in. Think that tells you everything about what the staff think of him. This week is his last-chance saloon to be given the reigns.

I don't think you should read into it that way at all. We are running a bunch of zone read and moving the QB around with DW in, so McNulty as a backup can come in and keep running the same stuff that the team has practiced all week. Greer is immobile by comparison.

Both QBS ARE NOT READY. Whether DW is going to be a super stud or not- HE IS NOT GOOD RIGHT NOW. The LINE is faulted only when DW is taking the snaps though. Ridiculous. IMO- Call it fair or don't call it at all.

I seem to remember a similar play where it wasn't necessarily a sack but DW tripping over our tackle and the D-lineman literally laying right beside him on the ground.

If you haven't learned by now, many of the posters on here have an absolute aversion to the words "looks like I was wrong." They will never say it, no matter how clear the evidence.

Emmitt is just one example. He knows deep down that this team sorely misses a reliable QB. I mean, the evidence at this point is overwhelming, yet you will NEVER see him post anything but negative things about DT, even though we miss him DT terribly. And EMmitt is far from alone when it comes to DT.

So, moral of the story? Don't expect rational discussion on a message board.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The fact unt90 is calling people out for this is high comedy.

It's like Putin calling people out for trying to restart the cold war.

I thought you of all people were smart enough to realize that different forums make for different posting.

Guess not.

But, hey, at least I do it all under the same screen name...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought you of all people were smart enough to realize that different forums make for different posting.

You should probably differentiate your posts on different forums then. Instead of just sticking with the "refusing to admit mistakes and being vaguely offensive instead of trying to prove a counter point" formula you have everywhere now.

• Upvote 1

You should probably differentiate your posts on different forums then. Instead of just sticking with the "refusing to admit mistakes and being vaguely offensive instead of trying to prove a counter point" formula you have everywhere now.

Offensive?? I guess you are also in the "DT sucks" camp, eh? Otherwise how can pointing out the painfully obvious point that we were MUCH better at QB last year than this year be offensive.

Nice agenda, though.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You post more than anyone and aggrandize yourself more than anyone. It's getting tiresome.

Look at this thread. I point out you are wrong about my DT opinion, and being incapable of admitting you're wrong you try to distract by making it about yourself.

I think you have done a pretty good job of making this about me.

I think you're cute, too, and think its great we agree on DT. I was mistaken and wrong to put you in the category of those who refuse to admit the obvious.

Does that get your panties out of a wad?

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 1

Look guys, there are times to admit you're wrong. I was wrong about this team. I thought the strength of the coaces would overcome the losses we had to win some games with our schedule. Nope. I thought our OL would be a strength and that Lemon would be dominant this year. Not even close.

On the other hand, is DW our best option in the long run? I think that's obvious unless Means is a world beater. But he was unprepared coming into this season and he is going to struggle when the OL is getting blown off the ball. But he will have a heck of a career if he can be mentally tough through these initial hard times.

We are all going to have to exercise a lot of patience with DW and with this team as a whole or we are in for a lot of heartache.

• Upvote 1