Lance Dunbar For Heisman

SHOSS

Ok, obviously this is shock value, but hey, it is the off-season.

The legend of lance has grown in my brainpan after the 270 yard 3 td on the ground and 35 yard 1 td receiving performance versus Kansas state... with virtually no downfield passing threat. I have never been prouder of a loss as a Unt fan... I guess the bar has been lowered too far. Anyways, with even a small improvement in the passing game, will lance be able to produce this type of performance a couple of times this season?

Will turnover in the offensive line prevent these game performances from happening?

If lance does give it to me/us, can we possibly have a third rushing title? Will we be able to capitalize by marketing this type of accomplishment?

I'm bored with reAlignment talk where we pump up our school and others undervalue it. A rushing champ is kind of what I am rooting for since I would expect a .500 season at best as MAC gets started in getting us the results we ultimately want to see in the new stay-djum.

GMG

• Downvote 2

Will turnover in the offensive line prevent these game performances from happening?

Here's the starting offense from the KSU game:

LT 64 Gill, Victor

LG 70 Feeley, Coleman

C 60 Fortenberry, A.

RG 77 Santiago, E.

RT 72 Tomlinson, Matt

WR 14 Stradford, T.

WR 19 Carey, Darius

WR 15 Jackson, Jamaal

TE 92 Ross, Draylen

RB 5 Dunbar, Lance

QB 11 Dodge, Riley

We only have to replace Gill and Santiago on the line, and with starting center JJohnson returning moving Fortenberry most likely to RG, we only have to replace one tackle from the KSU game. I think Dunbar will have a fantastic year.

Here's the starting offense from the KSU game:

LT 64 Gill, Victor

LG 70 Feeley, Coleman

C 60 Fortenberry, A.

RG 77 Santiago, E.

RT 72 Tomlinson, Matt

WR 14 Stradford, T.

WR 19 Carey, Darius

WR 15 Jackson, Jamaal

TE 92 Ross, Draylen

RB 5 Dunbar, Lance

QB 11 Dodge, Riley

We only have to replace Gill and Santiago on the line, and with starting center JJohnson returning moving Fortenberry most likely to RG, we only have to replace one tackle from the KSU game. I think Dunbar will have a fantastic year.

So then the only question is what type cartoon numbers would lance have to put up to win a rushing championship? Average 250 a game? 280 a game? What did Patrick and jamario average when they won?

And if he is in the running, will we capitalize on this with a huge marketing push? Billboards? Radio adds during smu broadcasts on the ticket? Bribes to ESPN for spots in the chancellor top 10 on sportscenter?

Edited by SHOSS

One of my arch-nemesissy's used to enter with this song...

That song still brings back bad memories of a Battle Royale in Reynosa where El Mamba Negro did a Flying "V" off a turnbuckle on to my old partner Mariposa Rosa... He was never the same after ... the horror...

OH... LANCE FOR HEISMAN!

Edited by Primo
  • Upvote 2

Couple of quick (and lame) slogans:

Give Lance a Chance!

Raise the Bar... Dunbar for Heisman!

Take a firm stance, Vote Lance!

He puts defenses in a trance, now you need to vote Lance!

He wears the pants... Vote Lance!

Vote Lance Dunbar for Heisman, because Chuck Norris said so!

Lance Dunbar for Heisman... seriously, just look at his previous numbers.

Hold me closely tiny Lance-r....

Sir Lance-a-lot, it's about to get medieval!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hope this is a joke, otherwise you are completely delusional.

Winning the Heisman? Yes, it is mentioned to exaggerate the point... as referenced in the original post. Even of he averages his k state numbers this season, he won't get a mention for a heisman ny invite.

Winning a national rushing crown and marketing the holy crap out of it? Not a joke in the least.

• Upvote 1

Winning the Heisman? Yes, it is mentioned to exaggerate the point... as referenced in the original post. Even of he averages his k state numbers this season, he won't get a mention for a heisman ny invite.

Winning a national rushing crown and marketing the holy crap out of it? Not a joke in the least.

If he ran for 3240 yards(k-state game times 12), with 36 TDs, he would absolutely run away with the Heisman. However, that's completely unrealistic.

• Upvote 1

If he ran for 3240 yards(k-state game times 12), with 36 TDs, he would absolutely run away with the Heisman. However, that's completely unrealistic.

I agree. It would help that 1/3 of our schedule next year is against schools that the national media considers "real teams" because of conference affiliation and such, and he would need to tear it up against those "real teams." :rolleyes:

Couple of quick (and lame) slogans:

Give Lance a Chance!

Raise the Bar... Dunbar for Heisman!

Take a firm stance, Vote Lance!

He puts defenses in a trance, now you need to vote Lance!

He wears the pants... Vote Lance!

Vote Lance Dunbar for Heisman, because Chuck Norris said so!

Lance Dunbar for Heisman... seriously, just look at his previous numbers.

Hold me closely tiny Lance-r....

Sir Lance-a-lot, it's about to get medieval!

I remember a Super Jamario bit that didn't end well

• Downvote 2