MGB: UNT to receive $1.3 million for game at Missouri in 2021

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

$1.3 million is a great price... for 2016.   By the time 2021 rolls around, this may not be much, or at least a bargain for Mizzou.   I wish he wouldn't schedule these so far out.  2-3yrs, fine.  5 years is a long time from now and lots of things could change.

Get the games signed while we can.  Five years from now, we may be playing the NCAA equivalent of Pop Warner against Mizzou's semi-pro NFL farm club.  It would be impossible to get a contract with that cavernous gap for any price.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Get the games signed while we can.  Five years from now, we may be playing the NCAA equivalent of Pop Warner against Mizzou's semi-pro NFL farm club.  It would be impossible to get a contract with that cavernous gap for any price.

Or, we could be a "G5" and Mizzou still a "P5" who still needs to buy a game or two as 'tune-ups'.  Several other schools are getting $1.3mil+ in 2016 for their paycheck game.  I believe Iowa is paying us $800-900K.  I mean, this point has been pulverized on here, but negotiations could surely be much better.

• Upvote 1

1.3 is good money. 

I think G5's have to up that significantly. They have to have us. They're egotistical and will never, ever play 12 P5 games. They want to put their teams in the best position to win. That's where G5 AD's must come together and make 100% certainty that all programs are making the negotiations for their services uncomfortable in terms of pricing. Death by 1000 cuts. Milk them for every possible cent possible. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Missouri may suck in 5 years. Happens all the time. 

You're absolutely right.  That's a hopeful stance to take.  
I don't know if you've been around very long, but as far back as I can recall, it seems as though the schools UNT plays for paychecks are playing at a peak level whenever UNT rolls in.

• Upvote 3

Call Girl whorin still whorin.

And it's less work for the Hattiesburg Hustler. 

This is what UNT wants from its student athletes. Lay on your back and take it while we get the money. Biggest human traffickers in college athletics.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 10

There are a few ways out of the money games for North Texas. First and most importantly, more people need to come to every single game, regardless of the opponent. The "Who is North Texas playing?" mentality has to stop. We need to be putting 25,000 or more in Apogee for every single game. It would help if we can get recognizable opponents to come to Apogee but again, people must show up regardless of who the opponent is.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

There are a few ways out of the money games for North Texas. First and most importantly, more people need to come to every single game, regardless of the opponent. The "Who is North Texas playing?" mentality has to stop. We need to be putting 25,000 or more in Apogee for every single game. It would help if we can get recognizable opponents to come to Apogee but again, people must show up regardless of who the opponent is.

We need way more season ticket holders too

• Upvote 3

Remember that old joke ???

Man asks an attractive woman if she will sleep with him.  She says, "No."

Then the same guy asks the same woman if she would sleep with him for 1 million dollars ?  "Why, yes," she says.

Well, the man finally asks, would she sleep with him for $20 ?  She angrily says, "What do you think I am ?  A whore ?"

The man replies, "We've established what you are.  Now we're just negotiating the price."

As long as we play these games for money, we need to gets as much money as we can.  $1.3 mil is not enough.  If Missouri is one game shy of being bowl eligible, I guarantee that they'd pay well over $1.3 to go bowlin'.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

Apparently teams like Kansas State, Baylor, TCU, and TT preferred Fouts over Apogee.

Did Texas Tech ever play in Fouts? I know they played us at Texas Stadium in the 90s.

1 minute ago, UNTFan23 said:

Did Texas Tech ever play in Fouts? I know they played us at Texas Stadium in the 90s.

No. Only at Texas Stadium. But, it does seem like our scheduling continues to get worse... which is par for the course.  Sadly, nothing will be done about it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Funny/sad.

I emailed the AD this morning and asked if this was a "one and done" or a "home and home" deal.  I got a quick response that this was a one game deal.  I replied that I thought Apogee was supposed to help us scheduling better home teams but listed our OOC games at home since opening Apogee were Army, SMU, Houston, Indiana, Incarnate Word, Texas Southern, Portland State, Abilene Christian, Lamar, Nichols State, Idaho, Ball State and Troy, teams that were equal to what we hosted at Fouts.  No reply.

Guess I am now on the bad list.

Now you understand how much they care about your opinion.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

For the sports challenged that think we should just wait for RV to retire, this is why that is an EXTREMELY bad idea. The Hattiesburg Hustler is affecting things years down the road RIGHT NOW through his terrible leadership and awful scheduling.

It seems RV's friendship is more important than anything UNT athletics related to a whole lot of people. Sad

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5