Uniform Ideas

Since the Uniforms are coming up next week, anyone want to throw some ideas around.

I  will start.

Me I would do a cross between last years unis and and the centennial throwback unis.

1. keep the shade of green

2. "North Texas" Instead of "Mean Green" On the upper chest above the numbers

3..I like the school font numbers instead of the regular block numbers during the Johnny Quinn era.

4. The mean joe greene era side stripes, but make them really big on the sides like on the ohio state pro combat uniforms.

• Upvote 1

I will say that there will be more black incorporated into the green unis. Like black bordering on the letters and black on the shoulder pad area. A black an white stripe on the pants. I have always wondered if we could rock the feather wings on our uniforms or helmets, but I know some people aren't fans of that. I found a helmet as an example below but it would be different colors. 

This is if they are changing helmets though. They did say, "uniforms".

z-chrome-oversized-wing-decals.jpg

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 4

White helmet, green sow, and green strip down the middle. Classic and looks great. Like the TCU one from last season...

tcuhelmetwhite_zps6q38zi6c.jpg

Absolutely yes. Size and place the SOW much better this go around. All white road unis with a helmet such as this one would be cleeeaaaaaan. I'm stoked to see what is in store for tomorrow. 

Absolutely yes. Size and place the SOW much better this go around. All white road unis with a helmet such as this one would be cleeeaaaaaan. I'm stoked to see what is in store for tomorrow. 

I have a bad feeling about it. Seems like the last few uniform/helmet upgrades have gone well so this one won't. I hope I am wrong. Can't wait to find out.

My "idea" is more that I'm surprised that the unveiling is today.

If the uniform craze is so important to HS recruits, why not reveal the uniforms to the current team on FRI and then incorporate the public release during the "Friday Night Lights" camp?  Seems this would add enthusiasm to the sales pitch and differentiate their experience in Denton from the other camps they'll visit.

• Upvote 1

White helmet, green sow, and green strip down the middle. Classic and looks great. Like the TCU one from last season...

tcuhelmetwhite_zps6q38zi6c.jpg

I'm guessing we skip putting "UNT" with the sow? either way, I like this idea. I could also see a Black matte helmet with a green stripe and sow, that would look pretty slick.

Im just worried because it's been so quiet. Nobody has been hyping them at all. Not even Capper. The last 3 unis and helmets have been good, so I'm optimistic. Are we sure new helmets are involved? 

I'm not worried about the quiet. I'm worried about the helmets. It has never been mentioned that helmets will be new, just, "uniforms". A lot of people are more excited about helmets then unis.