JUCO LB Courtney Finney commits

UNT90

I think we may be underestimating this kid a bit. Named the best juco linebacker in the country?? Wow.

Just reviewed his HUDL film again... Kid is a beast. Always finds the ball...very physical and great speed.

Here's the article in case you missed it: http://www.tvcc.edu/Public-Relations/article.aspx?deptid=140&zoneid=66&articleid=3069

I think we may be underestimating this kid a bit. Named the best juco linebacker in the country?? Wow.

Just reviewed his HUDL film again... Kid is a beast. Always finds the ball...very physical and great speed.

Here's the article in case you missed it: http://www.tvcc.edu/Public-Relations/article.aspx?deptid=140&zoneid=66&articleid=3069

An immediate impact player for sure!

So, how is the national JUCO defensive player of the year not even rated on the recruiting services? Isn't it reasonable to think Finney is at least worthy of a 3 star rating?

Had he signed with a P5, he immediately gets rated, right?

If he had just garnered more or really any P5 he is bumped to a 3*. A lot these sites go off of offer lists.

So, how is the national JUCO defensive player of the year not even rated on the recruiting services? Isn't it reasonable to think Finney is at least worthy of a 3 star rating?

Had he signed with a P5, he immediately gets rated, right?

The services just typically don't pay as much attention to JUCOs. They view their primary job as rating high school recruits. A non-rating is just that--it isn't saying that he isn't worth a 3-star rating, it just means that they haven't gotten around to rating him, for whatever reason.

Do any college defenses even run the 3-4 defense? Either way, I don't see us going that route.

I thought it seemed very prevalent through the 1990s, maybe a bit into the 2000s. Not so much lately. I think UTEP tried it for a few seasons.

I'm reminded of the "Lobo" position that Fran created at UNM.

I think the AZ Wildcats had a similar hybrid LB/S that they called the....wait for it...Wildcat.

I might be confusing it with the 3-3-5, but I recall it being very fun to watch: tons of blitz options, movement, etc...

• 1 month later...