Silver lining in dark offensive cloud

Harry

Yeah, you want to trade for ULM's football program? No thanks.

Your missing the point my friend. There were countless lesser programs(smaller FBS and several FCS) who not only played p5 programs yesterday but played ranked p5 programs and were at least able to put up three and four times the offense that we did.

If they can why can't we? We're out of excuses.

Rick

Your missing the point my friend. There were countless lesser programs(smaller FBS and several FCS) who not only played p5 programs yesterday but played ranked p5 programs and were at least able to put up three and four times the offense that we did.

Rick

Out of excuses? This fanbase will make excuses until the cows come home.

Rick

Our offense wasn't much better last year vs Georgia, lest you forget. We had a more yards passing, far fewer rushing. No INTs, and of course those 14 points on special teams that turned what should have been an ass kicking into what appeared on the scoreboard as a "game".

You like to throw out the LaMo score and prior games, but did you want to be them on January 1st, 2013? Not me. Why weren't you asking "why can't we be like them" on that day?

Rick

And no, I do get the point. In the span of 2 GAMES, people like yourself have gone from Mac is the 2nd coming and we are awesome, to "why can't we be like those other guys".

Mac taking the same approach he did the last 2 years, its the same one you were so enamored with last January 1st.

• Upvote 1

And no, I do get the point. In the span of 2 GAMES, people like yourself have gone from Mac is the 2nd coming and we are awesome, to "why can't we be like those other guys".

Mac taking the same approach he did the last 2 years, its the same one you were so enamored with last January 1st.

I was AT Georgia, remember, so I know exactly what happened and our offense was still enemic but we had a QB who could take the punishment. The defense and special teams made up the difference. We're not talking defense or special teams or bowl games. We're talking about offense against larger opponents and facts are facts. Smaller programs every year are able to put up numbers larger than ours with much less to work with. ULM out performed us this week as did countless others with new QB's etc.

I'm gonna support Mac as much as the next guy. Doesn't mean I like his offensive philosophy, because I don't. It reminds me of Dickey's. It's great when you have the upper hand on defense and talent...(UNLV), but it rarely jumps up and beats a more superior opponent.

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I'll say it again and the Tasty Greek can disagree with me again, but there's NO WAY.......NO WAY IN HELL that this is Mike Canales' offense. Simply compare the shit you saw last night to the final games of the 2010 season and it's plain as day.

Very frustrating for the Mean Green fan.

Rick

Because he gave up play calling when he took over as head coach.

I thought this was common knowledge.

• Upvote 2

very few people thought DMac was the second coming after 1 winning season except the dumbasses that extended his contract even with a losing record.

I thought the extension was premature. I think us talking about a firing is premature as well. I talk about it only in the event that Macs overall record is any indication of what is to happen. And I want everyone to be ready to verbally bitch and moan so the university is aware that their alum/season ticket holders are displeased. It's way to premature right now though.

Rick

It is legitimately unfair to compare our game v. Texas to any other G5 v. P5 game. Different players, different coaches, different strategies, different preparation, different gameday atmosphere, etc. Literally everything about any other game is different. In no way does another school beating another school reflect on how we should have performed.

• Upvote 3

It is legitimately unfair to compare our game v. Texas to any other G5 v. P5 game. Different players, different coaches, different strategies, different preparation, different gameday atmosphere, etc. Literally everything about any other game is different. In no way does another school beating another school reflect on how we should have performed.

Your using too much logic, you don't belong here, but thank you for that nice respite in this sea of wtf?.

is expecting our team to play respectable against anybody asking too much?

No. Especially when this OL was advertised as the second coming. I went to Austin, and then to Waco last night, and I reserve the right to still be pissed despite the 24 hour mourning limitation. Although I do admit that the smu stomping did help a little bit.

Last year vs Georgia our defense was much worse, our offense slightly better (rushing worse, passing better). Only difference was 2 special teams plays that gave the appearance that we were competing in that game for awhile.

Where was the outrage last year, cause it was pretty much the same deal, we just had some lipstick to put on the pig.

I think a lot of people are being blinded by scoreboards. Last year wasn't as good as many made it out to be, this year wasnt as bad. Our defense was very good this year, and we will be able to run the ball better against lesser teams, which will make passing the ball easier - theoretically.

• Upvote 1

Last year vs Georgia our defense was much worse, our offense slightly better (rushing worse, passing better). Only difference was 2 special teams plays that gave the appearance that we were competing in that game for awhile.

Where was the outrage last year, cause it was pretty much the same deal, we just had some lipstick to put on the pig.

I think a lot of people are being blinded by scoreboards. Last year wasn't as good as many made it out to be, this year wasnt as bad. Our defense was very good this year, and we will be able to run the ball better against lesser teams, which will make passing the ball easier - theoretically.

UNT90 i think mentioned how last years Georgia game was a mirage. If it weren't for two huge special team plays that game would have looked nearly the same. We still lost by 24. To Texas 31 thanks to Kidsy's assist on the pick 6.

I'm actually more encouraged by the defense after this game. They played with a lot of penetration and also with a lot of players. We ran in like 10 on the d-line.

The offense actually ran the ball some after the o-line settled down. Which is kind of amazing since there was zero threat of a pass. Granted we ran after Texas had taken the pedal off a little.

If we had just had a bad QB performance like 7-19 for 90 yds, I'd feel much better. What we saw though was indescribable.