UNT's all time record against UT (ain't pretty)

Harry

Aug. 30: Texas vs. North Texas. 7 p.m. kickoff at DKR, on the Longhorn Network. The Horns are 9-0 all-time vs. UNT, and have won their last three meetings (2002, 2004 and 2006) by a combined score of 148-7. Last time: Texas, 56-7 (2006)

It can be competitive, but UT still has a ton of talent and they are going to hyped. I see UT getting the win wrapped up by the end of the 3rd.

Blah blah blah, yeah, that's what they always say. Take the burnt orange glasses off, this ain't the same Texas and we're not the same North Texas Edited by the green rokemi
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Blah blah blah, yeah, that's what they always say. Take the burnt orange glasses off, this ain't the same Texas and we're not the same North Texas

While this is true, they still have a gigantic O-line with 2 of the better RBs in the country splitting carries. This is going to be a tough challenge right out the shoot for our D-Line & LBs

• Upvote 1

UNT has NEVER had success against good teams. I read on Dave Campbell's website that UNT is 13-116 all-time against bowl-bound teams. There isn't a word in the English language that can describe how awful that is :phew:

No better time to change that than now.

Also, if I calculated correctly, we had a winning record against bowl teams last year.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

While this is true, they still have a gigantic O-line with 2 of the better RBs in the country splitting carries. This is going to be a tough challenge right out the shoot for our D-Line & LBs

Agreed and I would say it's special teams where we normally get beat first. Nothing more cringing than when we get the opening kick-off 9 yards deep and bring it out and get tackled at the 5 (sigh)

• Upvote 1

We had the 17th best total defense, 14th best rushing defense, and 8th best scoring defense in the country last year.

I understand we had some personnel changes but Skladany is still the D coordinator! Trust in Skladany.

• Upvote 1

We had the 17th best total defense, 14th best rushing defense, and 8th best scoring defense in the country last year.

I understand we had some personnel changes but Skladany is still the D coordinator! Trust in Skladany.

I'm not motivated enough yet to do the research, but it might be of interest to see how Skladany's previous teams (at other schools) did when significantly undersized.

I'm not motivated enough yet to do the research, but it might be of interest to see how Skladany's previous teams (at other schools) did when significantly undersized.

I'm curious, do the rest of my GMG friends here think that we are significantly undersized given the new roster with updated weights? I didn't do the math but I looked over the DL for our team and all of our opponents and we seemed to stack up pretty well size-wise with all of our opponents except IU (and their Defense is terrible so I'm not worried about that). Some were a little bigger, some a little smaller. Also our OL is one of the biggest. Seems like our LBs and secondary were good sized too.