Orr signs FA deal w/ BALT

NT03

I was seriously hoping for Brelan to go to Denver. Peyton would have made Brelan shine. Peyton historically likes smaller type receivers that he works the seams and zone soft spots with. Oh well

Marvin Harrison - 6'

Reggie Wayne - 6'

Dallas Clark - 6'3"

Marcus Pollard - 6'3"

Peytons career favorite regular season receivers.

• Upvote 1

Man was hoping that pats would get either guy but super glad they will get their shot

Eh, I know you're a Boston fan and all, but Belichick doesn't seem like the "project" type of coach to me. Either you're an immediate and significant contributor in his system, or you're out. I'd rather our guys go somewhere where they've got a chance to develop and shine in the long run.

Eh, I know you're a Boston fan and all, but Belichick doesn't seem like the "project" type of coach to me. Either you're an immediate and significant contributor in his system, or you're out. I'd rather our guys go somewhere where they've got a chance to develop and shine in the long run.

Belichick is actually a developmental coach. He'll unhesitantly trade way down for 2 players rather than 1. He also has more pull during the draft than any other coach in the NFL, so that isn't the GM or owner trading down, it's him. He's not put up with BS type coach, but he would be considered a project coach by most.
  • Downvote 1

Belichick is actually a developmental coach. He'll unhesitantly trade way down for 2 players rather than 1. He also has more pull during the draft than any other coach in the NFL, so that isn't the GM or owner trading down, it's him. He's not put up with BS type coach, but he would be considered a project coach by most.

Huh. Didn't realize that. Thanks for the correction.

Yep. Keep in mind that he gave Patrick Cobbs a shot too.

Congrats to Zach! Love seeing another UNT player ink a post-draft deal.

A couple of months ago I thought he had the best chance to be drafted. Was disappointed when he wasn't.

I like that he signed with Balt because of the Ozzie factor, but see it as a tough place for him to stick around. They currently have 14 LBs on their roster, but they need to carry more since they run a 3-4. Good news is that it seems like most of the bigger names...Terrell Suggs, Elvis Dumervil, Courtney Upshaw, even Pernell McPhee to a lesser extent...are OLBs. Daryl Smith seems to have the MIKE position locked down, leaving the WILL up for grabs after Jameel McClain left for the Giants. Unfortunately CJ Mosley probably will step into that spot after being drafted in the 1st on Thursday. I just hope Zach can prove himself, land a backup job, and bide his time until he gets an opportunity.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

Here are the next-highest bonuses for the Ravens' undrafted rookie free agent class after Hopkins: North Carolina offensive tackle James Hurst ($9,000), Oklahoma State offensive tackle Parker Graham ($9,000), Middle Tennessee State cornerback Sammy Seamster ($8,000), Iowa offensive tackle Brett Van Sloten ($6,000), North Carolina A&T cornerback Deji Olatoye ($6,000), Texas A&M cornerback Tramain Jacobs ($4,500), Northern Colorado wide receiver Jace Davis ($4,000), Tennessee-Martin wide receiver Jeremy Butler ($4,000), Ashland defensive tackle Jamie Meder ($3,500), North Texas linebacker Zach Orr ($3,000), Oregon cornerback Avery Patterson ($3,000), Western Kentucky linebacker Xavius Boyd ($1,500) and Utah State defensive tackle A.J. Pataiali'i ($1,000).

Read more: http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80200097/