UNT men's basketball: Welcome to the cellar

Harry

Did I ever say that it did.... No.....

I'm trying to think about where you stand on anything, and can't put my finger on it anymore. You state something like a Sith with an ultimatum, and then 2 pages later you're playing semantics with everyone about choice of words, usually involving "I never said that." It's like you've backtracked on nearly every thing you started the season with, or every initial post of your's in a thread.

Anyone else: am I just going crazy, or is this really a trend with Andrew?

It seems lately you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Yesterday when you came into the chat and did nothing, were you waiting for one of us to talk about Benford so you could speak up?

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to think about where you stand on anything, and can't put my finger on it anymore. You state something like a Sith with an ultimatum, and then 2 pages later you're playing semantics with everyone about choice of words, usually involving "I never said that." It's like you've backtracked on nearly every thing you started the season with, or every initial post of your's in a thread.

Anyone else: am I just going crazy, or is this really a trend with Andrew?

It seems lately you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Yesterday when you came into the chat and did nothing, were you waiting for one of us to talk about Benford so you could speak up?

Not going crazy at all. Kind of like how Andrew said BYU would be a top 20 team that only loses to teams at or around the top 20. They have lost 10 games and are no where near the top 20, and have lost plenty of games to teams not near the top 20. Then he brought them up a few weeks ago saying our loss to them didn't look as bad, because they were winning home games in the WCC. Sorry Andrew, not gonna let you live that one down ;).

But do know, I only don't let you live that statement down because there was some chatter that the BYU loss wasn't as significant as it looked, and it was okay to get run by 30 points (40 point lead before they let off the gas) because they were good.

Also, where did Green Mean direct his statement towards Andrew? I think he was just saying a general statement.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

Average attendance this year-2,367

Average attendance last year (coming off JJ era)- 3,518

Average attendance in JJ's last season- 4,006

Average attendance JJ's second to last season- 3,552

So, no, we are not in the cellar. Bumford is taking int the John Gacy crawl space.

Didn't realize we had averaged over 4k JJs last year. Thanks for depressing me even further.

Last year's attendance is a reflection of really good attendance early in the year due to expectations that EVERYONE had for that team.

Then Benford did what Benford does.

Yeah, we were getting near 5K consistently just a couple of years ago for conference games (the average attendance is always hurt by the holiday season) I really thought we were on our way to getting that average in the 4500+ range (or more) for the season. It took a long time to build up a loyal fanbase. Sad that it is evaporating so fast.

• Upvote 1

Not going crazy at all. Kind of like how Andrew said BYU would be a top 20 team that only loses to teams at or around the top 20. They have lost 10 games and are no where near the top 20, and have lost plenty of games to teams not near the top 20. Then he brought them up a few weeks ago saying our loss to them didn't look as bad, because they were winning home games in the WCC. Sorry Andrew, not gonna let you live that one down ;).

But do know, I only don't let you live that statement down because there was some chatter that the BYU loss wasn't as significant as it looked, and it was okay to get run by 30 points (40 point lead before they let off the gas) because they were good.

Also, where did Green Mean direct his statement towards Andrew? I think he was just saying a general statement.

It's called speculation. Everyone does it. I said the same thing about Oklahoma when people said they were a poor team yet when they made the top 25 no one said a word... I said SFA would lose few games this year and they were a solid team (although losing by 30 was sad...). When they kept winning no one said a word. Seems everyone else just picks and choses. If I change my opinion at least I address it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's called speculation. Everyone does it. I said the same thing about Oklahoma when people said they were a poor team yet when they made the top 25 no one said a word... I said SFA would lose few games this year and they were a solid team (although losing by 30 was sad...). When they kept winning no one said a word. Seems everyone else just picks and choses. If I change my opinion at least I address it.

Are you noticing your trend here? You did what you could to justify nearly ever loss of the year, not just to us but to yourself as well. This almost always included hyping up the team that we lossed to by saying they would be this or that down the road.

You were very confident and convinced in what you were saying. And people were not saying that about OU. People were saying they were good coming in and everyone was predicting we'd lose by a lot, not just because they thought we were bad. Same with SFA. Nobody cared how good they were, because we were more athletic than them and there's no excuse for getting run out of our own gym the way we did. They're a really good team, well coached, and could easily make some noise in the tournament. But saying they'd lose few games being in the Southland wasn't going out on a big limb. Especially not when you were saying that after all of our losses.

Are you noticing your trend here? You did what you could to justify nearly ever loss of the year, not just to us but to yourself as well. This almost always included hyping up the team that we lossed to by saying they would be this or that down the road.

You were very confident and convinced in what you were saying. And people were not saying that about OU. People were saying they were good coming in and everyone was predicting we'd lose by a lot, not just because they thought we were bad. Same with SFA. Nobody cared how good they were, because we were more athletic than them and there's no excuse for getting run out of our own gym the way we did. They're a really good team, well coached, and could easily make some noise in the tournament. But saying they'd lose few games being in the Southland wasn't going out on a big limb. Especially not when you were saying that after all of our losses.

Only to Oklaohma, BYU, and SFA. Maybe the USM game with some bad calls and the fact they are a good team. I have not with confrence games really or the Idaho and Columbia loses. We should have won those two games period. Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Only to Oklaohma, BYU, and SFA. Maybe the USM game with some bad calls and the fact they are a good team. I have not with confrence games really or the Idaho and Columbia loses. We should have won those two games period.

Yup. The teams we all knew were pretty good. We just didn't care what you had to say about how good they were, because we did not look good in those games. Or how "a win is a win" against all those non D1 or lower level D1 wins. We knew those were bad precursors to when the games would actually count. Surprise surprise, they were.

Yup. The teams we all knew were pretty good. We just didn't care what you had to say about how good they were, because we did not look good in those games. Or how "a win is a win" against all those non D1 or lower level D1 wins. We knew those were bad precursors to when the games would actually count. Surprise surprise, they were.

We looked good against Oklahoma and the first half of the BYU game. The rest we looked atrocious. I will always be in the camp that a win is a win sure they can be a determining factor on how well your team will play against better competition. I just believe I rather win then lose any game. Beat A@M by 20 or Northwood by a few points. Either way it is a win. I did. to get overly excited when we beat A&M. A win is a win to me and we should be doing a lot more of it.

• Upvote 1

We looked good against Oklahoma and the first half of the BYU game. The rest we looked atrocious. I will always be in the camp that a win is a win sure they can be a determining factor on how well your team will play against better competition. I just believe I rather win then lose any game. Beat A@M by 20 or Northwood by a few points. Either way it is a win. I did. to get overly excited when we beat A&M. A win is a win to me and we should be doing a lot more of it.

A win is a win. Yes, you can't argue that. But when you're continually struggling to win games against bad teams, and non D1 teams, then that's the sign of a team that will likely struggle against good competition. The CUSA isn't even very strong this year, and we're still struggling mightily against this competition.

A win is a win. Yes, you can't argue that. But when you're continually struggling to win games against bad teams, and non D1 teams, then that's the sign of a team that will likely struggle against good competition. The CUSA isn't even very strong this year, and we're still struggling mightily against this competition.

I do not think anyone is arguing we are not struggling. I just want to gout there and in the game tonight. Give us some hope again. I will be back on in a bit I'm going to go for a short walk since the GMG basketball game is coming up. I want to actually be able to get u and down the court haha

• Upvote 1

I do not think anyone is arguing we are not struggling. I just want to gout there and in the game tonight. Give us some hope again. I will be back on in a bit I'm going to go for a short walk since the GMG basketball game is coming up. I want to actually be able to get u and down the court haha

Hope? IMO, hope left the building when we lost to Rice. Right now we should be playing to try to stay out of last place, meaning we are playing for what little pride there might be left.

Some people need to understand that this will never be successful until UNT decides to hire a real live college basketball head coach.

I am fine with that concept but either way nothing will stop me from going to comes and cheering on the team (coach and players). If we do not win a few more games I think we will see a change. When that happens I will support the next hire as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Welcome to the cellar, it was fun 'n' games

We got the scores you don't want, honey we lost the games

We have the coaches that can find, whatever excuse you may need

If you ain't got the money, honey, Benford's your disease

In the cellar, welcome to the cellar

Watch it bring you to your kn-kn-knees, knees

I wanna watch you bleed

Welcome to the cellar we take it game by game

If you watch you're gonna bleed but it's the price you pay

And you're a very devoted fan whose very hard to please

You can taste the bright lights on the new scoreboard but you won't get them for free

Feel my, my, my, my agony

I, I wanna hear you scream

Welcome to the cellar it gets worse here everyday

You learn to live like a troll in the cellar where we play

If you got a hunger for what you see, you'll take it eventually

You can win any game you want and you'll probably beat Benny

I'm gonna watch you bleed

And when we were high we never

thought we'd come back down

So down, so down, so down, gahhhhhh

You know where you are, you're in the cellar bitches

You're gonna die

In the cellar welcome to the cellar

Feel my, my, my, my agony

Cellar, welcome to the cellar

Down in the cellar, welcome to the cellar

Watch it bring you to your

It's gonna bring you down, UGH!

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1

Guys, settle down. We're only 11-13. Who cares that we played Norhwestern Montana State 3 times this season. We have 6 games left. We could end up 17-13!!!! if we finish out 4-2 we could be .5000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha......hahahahahahahaahah......lol.....I tried....I'm Sorry, I tried to be positive about this pile of dog shiii and just couldn't do it.

I hope we lose every game from here on out by 40.

• Upvote 1

I am fine with that concept but either way nothing will stop me from going to comes and cheering on the team (coach and players). If we do not win a few more games I think we will see a change. When that happens I will support the next hire as well.

Uh, I don't think that is a team sport...