Another China Spring Lineman.

DT 90

Really a good kid. He is not on campus at this time and Unknown on eligibity status (redshirt or not), didn't ask him that. Grades are no issue, computer science major. Says he wants to transfer to UNT and walk on. Coming from a highly disciplined high school program at China Spring was unhappy with the undisciplined atmoshphere at A&M Commerce. Says if Ryan likes the coaches at UNT, that is the place for him.

Played Dline in high school sparingly (ie. goal line) because coach does not play his starting olinemen both ways. Kid is very strong and is a solid 280.

• Upvote 2

China Spring is a good program. My in-laws live in that area and I have seen them play a few times over the last few years. Not a bad little pipeline with Chapman and Boutwell. If Pullen can be as productive as these two, then we've got a winner.

• Upvote 1

We discussed this kid when he was a senior. If he is motivated, his high school powerlifting numbers were amazing. I believe 400 bench/650 squat. I doubt we have more than a couple of players on our team with those numbers, if that.

He could be a hole plugging interior DL that is sorely needed. And in the evenings it sounds like he could build some software to help the AD keep track of season ticket sales. Win/Win.

We discussed this kid when he was a senior. If he is motivated, his high school powerlifting numbers were amazing. I believe 400 bench/650 squat. I doubt we have more than a couple of players on our team with those numbers, if that.

He could be a hole plugging interior DL that is sorely needed. And in the evenings it sounds like he could build some software to help the AD keep track of season ticket sales. Win/Win.

Given the way our AD treats season ticket information the software would have a built in self-delete if you ever tried to access it.

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My twitter skills are not strong, but a quick perusal of his twitter history seems to imply he is still at TAMC, but is transferring to UNT in either summer or fall. Unless he walked on at TAMC last season, he won't be eligible until 2015 when he would be a redshirt sophmore.

My twitter skills are not strong, but a quick perusal of his twitter history seems to imply he is still at TAMC, but is transferring to UNT in either summer or fall. Unless he walked on at TAMC last season, he won't be eligible until 2015 when he would be a redshirt sophmore.

Even if you are a walk on, if you do anything football related with a team, you have to sit a year if you go to another team.