New TEXAS Coach

EAGLE83

im currently a grad student at Louisville and i think that is a better hire for Texas than it is a Job for Strong... he is gonna be under appreciated there and put under way too much pressure to win right away! as far as stories go, the opening game between NT and UT would have a great story line with Strong and McCarney and also Zed Evans!

• Upvote 1

He will be good for them, but Texas fan was thinking Saban, Fisher and Briles. Texas Strong has a nice ring but we can be competitive with them in August. I love how Mac doesn't let the guys think paycheck game. We will bring it and it will be fun to be there!

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mistake! Strong had close to 25 players from Florida including Bridgewater. If the Miami program hadn't been in such a mess many of theses players would of been at Miami.

Timing is important. Good for him. GMG

That's what I said in the Mack Brown thread. Bridgewater and high-school teammate/Louisville receiver Eli Rogers were both Miami commits at one point. Strong is okay, but I like our chances when we roll into Austin. Edited by BillySee58
  • Downvote 1

That's what I said in the Mack Brown thread. Bridgewater and high-school teammate/Louisville receiver Eli Rogers were both Miami commits at one point. Strong is okay, but I like our chances when we roll into Austin.

Louisville struggled vs the likes of Murray State & Eastern KY in Stong's first 2 seasons. Even lost to FIU in year 2. UT could have done worse , but this isn't what I would call a " home run hire"

Louisville struggled vs the likes of Murray State & Eastern KY in Stong's first 2 seasons. Even lost to FIU in year 2. UT could have done worse , but this isn't what I would call a " home run hire"

Exactly. Then Bridgwater carried that team for the last two years.

As long as their qb situation at qb is any combination of Tyrone Swoopes and David Ash I don't see them immensely improving at least off the bat.

as far as stories go, the opening game between NT and UT would have a great story line with Strong and McCarney and also Zed Evans!

This! This is what interests me.

The timelines are such that McCarney and Strong we're both at Florida for a few years, right? Hence the friendship and connection to get Zed here they way they did. This will be an awesome first game.

I didn't many name coaches breaking down the door for the Texas job. Wonder why?

That's what happens when you go behind the back of the coach that revived your program and won a national championship in an attempt to get the new sexy flavor of the month. Other coaches see that, and if they are already in a good situation, won't leave to step into that mess.

Lets just hope they don't find a QB and still can't stop the run on 08/30/14.

This sets up nice for us, just wish we had those 22 seniors back for one more year. Them it would be VERY interesting.

• Upvote 2

North Texas is going to make this a competitive game regardless of Texas' hire. Texas is struggling to find and develop young talent. This game will be the battle of QB's. Whichever one performs better will win.

That's why I hope for a qb like Berglund or Williams. They're both accurate enough to hit the quick, short routes that moved us down the field all year, but they have strong enough arms to hit downfield passes which could be the difference against teams like UT.

I think Charlie strong is a big time/ high profile coach... he is currently lifting that louisville program to a place it has never been before and more importantly, his pay check says so. he is one of the top 5 highest paid coaches already... the only thing i would worry about with him is that he isnt the most verbose or elequent guy and may have some difficulty dealing with the UT politics he will have to constantly face.

I think Charlie strong is a big time/ high profile coach... he is currently lifting that louisville program to a place it has never been before and more importantly, his pay check says so. he is one of the top 5 highest paid coaches already... the only thing i would worry about with him is that he isnt the most verbose or elequent guy and may have some difficulty dealing with the UT politics he will have to constantly face.

With other guys getting raises and what not I don't believe he is a top 5 paid coach. That just doesn't make sense.

I want North Texas to have a future home game at Apogee Stadium with UT-Austin. (If Central Fla. can schedule UT so can we no matter the seating differential). HINT: Per ADLER.....add seats.

Coach Mac can make this happen since he and Coach Strong are buds'. Hey, folks, sometimes its really who you know.

Still.............."we're going to need a bigger boat, uh, stadium."

Not crazy about opening with the Horns or anyone on the road, though. IMO......North Texas must always open the season at Apogee with a team we are competitive or can beat.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Who else gets excited about 2014 home opener attendance if we beat Texas next year?!

I know we are all stoked after a bowl win, but everyone needs to remember that we will be a 20 point plus dog to the horns.

They will also have much more experience at QB and just a butt load of more overall talent. Beating them in Austin would be a monumental upset of epic proportions.

That said, we do catch them at a very vulnerable time.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1