How this affects recruiting

H-towngreen

Now that the season is over its now recruiting season. We only have a few slots remaining in this class, but you have to wonder if this win will help UNT reel in those last few targets. While this magical season will have some impact on this years class the biggest impact will be in the 2015 class.

I hope that JT Williams the DT from Denton Ryan and Xavier Washington DE from Cedar Hill made the game!!

• Upvote 1

All this game did was secure the committed recruits we have right now, which I'm thankful for. The 2015 recruiting class will not be special if we go 6-6 next year. One football season at a time, one recruiting class at a time. We will at least go 8-4 next year. Book it. And probably book another HOD bowl game (hopefully against a big10 school).

I'm pretty sure we are out of the running for Williams.

I do wonder if a Briles bolts for UT, could Vaughns open his recruitment back up

As of early Dec we were still in the running. Although his Mizzu offer is tough to beat. But it does make me wonder why he hasn't committed yet. Could be one of those waiting for an OU or UT to swoop in late

Mizzou? They will fall back to mediocracy. Why go there and go 6-6 or 7-5 every year? Come to UNT and try to win a conference championship.

Umm we aren't out recruiting Mizzou for a DLinemen. Sorry but, they turn out a lot of good NFL talent from their DLine. They had a great line this year. It's just the truth if a kid has a chance to be an SEC DLinemen at a school that has proven in recent years to put guys in the NFL he is gonna pick that school over us.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

All this game did was secure the committed recruits we have right now, which I'm thankful for. The 2015 recruiting class will not be special if we go 6-6 next year. One football season at a time, one recruiting class at a time. We will at least go 8-4 next year. Book it. And probably book another HOD bowl game (hopefully against a big10 school).

CUSA champions next year bro.

• Upvote 1

Isn't it nice to only have 1 month between the last game of the season and national signing day? Usually we are focused for 2 1/2 months instead of just one.

Thank you, Mean Green Football 2013!

Very true... This class is turning out pretty good so far. Hopefully, we get at least one more DT. Heck, I hope we get all kinds of great recruits after the way our team played this year.

I agree that a kid will pick a SEC school over North Texas, but why keep with that mentality. The page can be turned, things can change for the good. As I have said time and time again there is NO reason why we can't be the next NIU or Boise. Recruiting is ridiculously fertile in this area.