Just picked up my tickets

emmitt01

Went to the Omni to get my tickets.

The good:

It was effortless...didn't have to show ID because I'm (in)famous apparently. All 11 tickets were there

There was a table of very nice apparel set up. They had a $60 windbreaker that I would have bought had my wife not given me the "we've spent enough on this bowl game!" speech

Very nice "Green Light To Greatness Banners" all over the hotel lobby

The bad:

If you are a "Will Call" customer I strongly encourage you to pick your tickets up today. I saw what looked like 500 envelopes there (this also kinda falls in the "good" category). Tomorrow will be a madhouse at the will call table.

They didn't have kids' sweatshirts. I'm told that they were on the loading dock ready to be brought in though and they'll be set up at the bowl gates tomorrow. Again, this is only kind of a "bad"

WOW! That is awesome news Emmitt!! I have been driving all over Denton and Flower Mound to find me a nice Green Jacket for tomorrow. Found one that was to small at Finish Line. I will use this as a plug the Rally House in Flower Mound had a very nice selection of UNT gear not a Green Jacket but had two very nice Charcoal grey, as well as, a Black jacket. Hoodies were nothing to gawk about but the amount of shirts and polos was pretty cool to see.

I went to Pro Image in the Denton Mall. Not a lot of UNT gear but they had several nice Nike Dri-Fit stuff. The Lids in Denton Mall also had a huge UNT hat selection on display in the front of the store. This is all to say that we are slowly but surely turning the corner and I am glad to be at the beginning of the turn-around.

WOW! That is awesome news Emmitt!! I have been driving all over Denton and Flower Mound to find me a nice Green Jacket for tomorrow. Found one that was to small at Finish Line. I will use this as a plug the Rally House in Flower Mound had a very nice selection of UNT gear not a Green Jacket but had two very nice Charcoal grey, as well as, a Black jacket. Hoodies were nothing to gawk about but the amount of shirts and polos was pretty cool to see.

I went to Pro Image in the Denton Mall. Not a lot of UNT gear but they had several nice Nike Dri-Fit stuff. The Lids in Denton Mall also had a huge UNT hat selection on display in the front of the store. This is all to say that we are slowly but surely turning the corner and I am glad to be at the beginning of the turn-around.

Just to be clear, the jacket they were selling at the Omni was gray but still very nice

Thanks Emmitt! The wife and I are fixing to head out to our hotel room at Omni on 635 and I was going to drag her over to the Omni downtown to get me a green jacket. Oh well, looks like I'll be in my cool Green Hoodie that I shrunk during the break. I don't plan on wearing it long, seeing as how I will be screaming my lungs out and hot from pre game festivities.

I went up to the Omni today as well, but I didn't have as great of an experience. They only had 4 of my 7 tickets and looked confused when I asked about the other 3. Troy told me the rest of the tickets were being brought from Denton this afternoon and all 7 SHOULD be at will call tomorrow. I was supposed to get a phone call to confirm. It's 7 pm and I haven't received that phone call.

I'm preparing for the worst as I know I'm in for treacherous experience at will-call tomorrow, but I'm not all that mad, because come 11am I WILL BE IN THE COTTON BOWL WATCHING THE MEAN GREEN BEAT UP ON UNLV.

However, I won't be as laid back if this whole 'Fed-ex, okay now Omni will-call, wait now gameday will-call' debacle ever happens again.