You See It Everywhere It Seems

KRAM1

You never addressed the fact that we are seriously rationalizing our inability to convincingly beat teams from 3 divisions below us.

Always late to the party, Matt?

"We" aren't rationalizing anything. But, doubtful you would be willing to consider anything that does not meet your pre-conceived message board driven view on the subject. So, why even try?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One might...just might...believe that a top 20 team would be able to beat a lower level program with a bigger margin of victory than a struggling D1 program. Guess that concept never crossed your mind, huh?

OH MY GOD! We weren't a "struggling" D1 program until this train wreck got here!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

One might...just might...believe that a top 20 team would be able to beat a lower level program with a bigger margin of victory than a struggling D1 program. Guess that concept never crossed your mind, huh?

So I guess when handicapping games for "struggling D1" and "top 20 teams" using margin of victory against "lower level" programs, we aren't doing so bad. I guess you do see it everywhere...
  • Upvote 1

Yes, convincing wins.

Exactly. He just keeps saying we're complaining about the schedule, when it's clearly the results that are the issue.

We scheduled NAIA Northwood (2nd year of having a team) and Wayland Baptist. Cool! Blow them out. Don't let them have a game-tying three-point shot attempt in the last minute of the game. You don't see that everywhere.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Always late to the party, Matt?

"We" aren't rationalizing anything. But, doubtful you would be willing to consider anything that does not meet your pre-conceived message board driven view on the subject. So, why even try?

Late to the party? Yes. However, you know that I've been around the program long enough that I don't need this message board to develop my opinions. You seem to be trying very hard to find a silver lining in all of this, when there just isn't one right now. Believe me, I'll be the first to latch onto one when I see it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Exactly. He just keeps saying we're complaining about the schedule, when it's clearly the results that are the issue.

We scheduled NAIA Northwood (2nd year of having a team) and Wayland Baptist. Cool! Blow them out. Don't let them have a game-tying three-point shot attempt in the last minute of the game. You don't see that everywhere.

There was a fun mention on the unt vs ou tv broadcast that northwood players drove themselves to the game.

They also mentioned that UNT was a once proud program a couple of years ago with the 20 win seasons just before writing off last year as an Anomaly.

• Upvote 1