DMN Goose is advocating a SMU indoor facility..UNT?

Wag Tag

most folks on this board are "baseball first" people

However, I agree with you. We should finish up the cash cow, football, first. An indoor facility should be high on RV's to-do list

An indoor facility is on the list but baseball is higher on that same list. Been that way for years. I'm sure if enough big donors were to get together and drop some money into a hat it would happen so long as it doesn't hamper the baseball fundraising.

My personal preference is baseball before indoor facility. I know not everyone agrees, but I see an indoor facility as a luxury, not a necessity, especially when we are located in an area where others' indoor facilities can be used in emergency situations. I feel an indoor facility gets used when it's not necessary, and eliminates the advantage of training in adverse weather conditions that teams will inevitably have to face in games.

He is stating SMU needs to build an indoor practice facility! Don't know where the land is for SMU

, but sure would like UNT to beat them to the punch.

What a great complex we have , with plenty of land.

Didn't you here? The DMN thinks they are so special, they are tearing down Reunion Tower and building it there. :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1

Wag Tag, on 10 Dec 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:snapback.png

ADLER made that very suggestion couple weeks ago Would be worth looking into, but is there really room?

GMG!

Yes, it should be incorporated with the convention center to serve as convention hall during certain times of the year.......

and, like the New Orleans Convention Center, the Superdome, the LSU Marivich Center, and the ULL facilities, it should also be contracted with FEMA as a potential evacuation refugee facility in case of regional disasters like floods, fires, or tornados. FEMA being based in Denton makes the city a natural selection for an evacuation center, and the Apogee location with it's easy interstate access to multiple destinations, and with airfields and hospitals both within a few minutes travel make the it an ideal emergency response location. I hope it would never be required for that function but being prepared may be in the regions best interest.

• Upvote 1

most folks on this board are "baseball first" people

However, I agree with you. We should finish up the cash cow, football, first. An indoor facility should be high on RV's to-do list

Baseball is my favorite sport, but if we can do something that improves our football team in a meaningful way then I'm for it taking priority over baseball. However, I'm not sure if building an indoor facility will help in a meaningful way.

• Upvote 1

Baseball is my favorite sport, but if we can do something that improves our football team in a meaningful way then I'm for it taking priority over baseball. However, I'm not sure if building an indoor facility will help in a meaningful way.

An indoor facility will be a bigger asset during the off season, obviously inclement weather, walk throughs, rehab, and recruiting because it looks good.

If we are getting baseball, then build a great baseball stadium first. My two cents anyway.

Didn't you here? The DMN thinks they are so special, they are tearing down Reunion Tower and building it there. :thumbsu:

They actually advocate building it inside the ball at Reunino Tower. That way "Dallas' Team" lords over the very city which lends its very existence to Heroin U. :wekz:

SMU is expanding south into Oak Cliff (not too far from UNT Dallas) with their new golf facility. This could be an option on bad weather days as part of the world class Byron Nelson golf course. Only about 15 minutes south on I-75 south to I-45. Could help recruiting in DISD with an indoor practice facility close to Paul Quinn and the Autobon Center.

SMU is expanding south into Oak Cliff (not too far from UNT Dallas) with their new golf facility. This could be an option on bad weather days as part of the world class Byron Nelson golf course. Only about 15 minutes south on I-75 south to I-45. Could help recruiting in DISD with an indoor practice facility close to Paul Quinn and the Autobon Center.

I played that old country club a few times years ago on Loop 12 just east of 45. Place always flooded.