Tailgating at the Cotton Bowl @ Fair Park

UNT 90 Grad

Anyone have any insight in this? I'm trying to decide whether to bring my full compliment of tailgating gear or maybe just take the train and hit an Alumni Association tailgate or Mean Green Club tailgate, assuming those will exist. I'm curious about where to tailgate and how safe my stuff would be in the van during the game.

You could do it in a paid lot, teams have done so every year. You will though be restricted to your parking spot unless you can drive in with friends and set up next to each other. I was thinking about it myself.

I'll likely take the train. Hard to have a decent corn hole game behind a single parking spot.
  • Upvote 1

Right now we are trying to figure out if we are tailgating or not yet for the HOD. Should only be a limited set vs the regulars..

Right now it should only be me and the wife, corporate sponsorship and his wife, the Persians and the Polish dude..

Need to find out if and if so where the other UNTers will be tailgating..

Right now we are trying to figure out if we are tailgating or not yet for the HOD. Should only be a limited set vs the regulars..

Right now it should only be me and the wife, corporate sponsorship and his wife, the Persians and the Polish dude..

Need to find out if and if so where the other UNTers will be tailgating..

Good to have the Persian's and polish guy in this game. ..wife and I will be there...not gonna tailgate...plan on taking the train ...just have to figure out how...

• Upvote 1

If I am coming from Waco where can I catch the

train and how often does it run, and is it safe.

If you are coming from Waco just take I-20 around to the I-45 and head north. Exit Grand Avenue. 6 blocks and you are at the Fairgrounds. Have done this for many years working at the State Fair and never had a problem. Should be no traffic early in the morning and easy to bug out afterwards.

Park in the Fair Grounds and disregard the flag wavers outside.