Offense Killed us again.

KingDL1

I do hope we have a change in the offense coaching unit.

We should have won, a flat and unprepared Offense does not get it done. Several on here warned that our offense is more than suspect. I am sooooo ticked off right now.

Agree. Several plays stand out. 3rd and goal from the UTSA 1 in the third qtr, and instead of realizing it is 2 down territory and taking our time, we try to quick snap it on UTSA only to cause a false start and move us back to the 6.

Another instance was a third a goal from the 4 where instead of dropping back and throwing the ball. We try a shuttle pass in the interior line. At the 4 freaking yard line.

We have been terrible offensively for 2 straight years. Ready for a change.

• Upvote 1

KDL1 - No doubt the offense struggled tonight, but our defense got rolled on. Stats don't lie. Accept it and move on.

UTSA NT TIME OF POS. 33:30 26:30 TOTAL NET YARDS 458 334 Total Plays 80 74 Average Gain 5.7 4.5 NET YARDS RUSHING 184 105 Rushes / Avg 31/5.9 28/3.8 NET YARDS PASSING 274 229

I noticed the offense only scored 7 points without the defense gifting them a great field position that all they could do was convert to a field goal twice. I saw a offense that got off the field so fast time in the first half that the defense was bound to get tired.

This loss was completely on the Offense.

Where was the creativity that we've seen. No jet sweeps to Brelan. No intermediate passing game, it was long ball (that Derek simply CANNOT throw) or nothing. Ran straight ahead into a 9 and 10 man front. No screens, no draws. Nothing.

UTSA on the other hand showed motion on pretty much every damn play and had our linebackers playing a step throw because they were thinking too much. And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can we stop giving up a ten yard cushion to a team that likes to dink and dunk, ESPECIALLY IN A WINDY STADIUM!!!

• Upvote 3

Where was the creativity that we've seen. No jet sweeps to Brelan. No intermediate passing game, it was long ball (that Derek simply CANNOT throw) or nothing. Ran straight ahead into a 9 and 10 man front. No screens, no draws. Nothing.

UTSA on the other hand showed motion on pretty much every damn play and had our linebackers playing a step throw because they were thinking too much. And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can we stop giving up a ten yard cushion to a team that likes to dink and dunk, ESPECIALLY IN A WINDY STADIUM!!!

It's like you jumped in my mind & made a post for me

Emmitt, couldn't agree more. It's like the players and coaching staff spent these two weeks reading headlines about all the accomplishments they've done and forgot there was a game to play. I know Mac isn't that type of coach, but with two weeks to prepare that's what we throw out there!

• Upvote 1

Good news ... we never have to watch DT play in Apogee again.

Please. He didn't have a good night tonight, but he did get us past ball state after taking a horrible crash on the sidelines. As a cowboy fan who watched Quincy, Hutchinson, Henson, Testaverde: it's always best to be careful what you wish for. Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For those calling for a change on offense: Be very, very careful what you wish for. We're not nearly as conservative as McCarney would like to be. If you think its bad now, go ahead and let Canales walk, and see how it looks next fall. I'm thinking it won't be pleasant.

I'll take my chances.

• Upvote 2

Agree. Several plays stand out. 3rd and goal from the UTSA 1 in the third qtr, and instead of realizing it is 2 down territory and taking our time, we try to quick snap it on UTSA only to cause a false start and move us back to the 6.

Another instance was a third a goal from the 4 where instead of dropping back and throwing the ball. We try a shuttle pass in the interior line. At the 4 freaking yard line.

We have been terrible offensively for 2 straight years. Ready for a change.

It's just poor play calling. Why we did not go for it on forth there will boggle my mind. You were getting pretty intense there at the end of the game haha. Unlike basketball football it's easier to see when the coach/player line is drawn and this one is defiantly on the play caller. We take zero chances and play not to lose. It's weak. I am happy we are going to a bowl game, but this game was pitiful. UTSA fans were leaving the stadium chanting and cheering. Something I have not seen UNT fans do ever after the rice win :/