Is Mitchell Hurt?

KRAM1

Is T Mitch hurt? I am not much of a pro basketball fan and do not follow it or watch much of it, so it comes as a bit of a surprise to me to see no mention of T Mitch in the paper today after the Pistons 92-86 win over 3-7 NY last night. But I see Silva with 11:22 min. Wasn't Silva drafter after T Mitch?

For you guys that follow pro basketball...if that is really basketball the pros play these days...can you give us an update on T Mitch? Is he hurt? Was really hoping to see T Mitch get playing time early. Would be great for him and for the Mean Green.

So...NT03...Cooley...you basketball guys...what's the latest on Tony and the Pistons?

I realize rookies might not get much time, but Zero minutes while Silva collects 11+, really?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Agenda much?

No "agenda" hear - just don't watch the "pro" game that much and was curious because I was genuinely surprised to see Tony not on the "court." Leave it to the "usual suspects" to turn this into something I clearly didn't mean. Wishing nothing but the best for Tony and our boys on the court this year!!!11

• Upvote 5

I like you. You should post more.

And will your buddy be making an appearance next week? I think it's time.

I've tried to make a request to the powers that be, but a certain evil moderator who loves antagonizing UTSA no longer takes PMs.

I've tried to make a request to the powers that be, but a certain evil moderator who loves antagonizing UTSA no longer takes PMs.

His priorities are terribly skewed these days.

Is he gonna be in Texas?

I don't believe he's left. There is a strong level of commitment towards his screen name, despite the five years or so of inactivity.

I'm not much of a fan of pro basketball, but I'm not above reading a box score to push what should be a long dormant agenda!

You have no clue what you are talking about. It was an honest question. Take your personal agenda elsewhere. I appreciate those who responded in an insightful and knowledgeable manner.

And, there was a reason I asked for a response from NT03 and Cooley...you have provided proof as to why I asked for responses from those guys. Thanks for another absolutely brilliant addition to the discussion.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You have no clue what you are talking about. It was an honest question. Take your personal agenda elsewhere. I appreciate those who responded in an insightful and knowledgeable manner.

And, there was a reason I asked for a response from NT03 and Cooley...you have provided proof as to why I asked for responses from those guys. Thanks for another absolutely brilliant addition to the discussion.

Pssh. I sounded more like you than you.

• Upvote 2

I thought my reply was fact based?

• Upvote 2

The pistons are stacked where Mirchel plays. Once they signed Drummond and Josh Smith Mitchell's play time went down hill. He may need to be traded to get playing time. Toronto or the Jazz are a list of a few teams who could use him in a big minute role. I just find it surprising that. Jerebko gets more minutes. The only thing I can thing is that Jerebko is a scorer and they already have 3 solid guys who can board and play defense like Mitchell.

The pistons are stacked where Mirchel plays. Once they signed Drummond and Josh Smith Mitchell's play time went down hill. He may need to be traded to get playing time. Toronto or the Jazz are a list of a few teams who could use him in a big minute role. I just find it surprising that. Jerebko gets more minutes. The only thing I can thing is that Jerebko is a scorer and they already have 3 solid guys who can board and play defense like Mitchell.

Drummond was drafted by Pistons last year, so not a new signing. Jerebko isn't a bad player, definitely more an offensive threat at this point.

The pistons are playing their front line very heavy minutes, which may need to be altered later in the year as the season starts to wear on the players which may give an opportunity for Mitchell to get some PT.

Drummond was drafted by Pistons last year, so not a new signing. Jerebko isn't a bad player, definitely more an offensive threat at this point.

The pistons are playing their front line very heavy minutes, which may need to be altered later in the year as the season starts to wear on the players which may give an opportunity for Mitchell to get some PT.

They are talking extension.... ago check out on of the espn insider articles. The main reason why as of now they have not signed a Monroe extension is to offer Drummond more in the future. So he is their guy. And I do agree Jerbeko is decent. He is a good scoring option but I do not like him haha. Edited by Andrew

I thought my reply was fact based?

I thought it was as well. Appreciate the on-topic response and the addition to the topic at hand. My rely was not a response to your post, but happy to utilize your knowledge of the pro game in the future should the question arise. Thanks again...good post. I'll go back and plus 1 you just to "make up".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Don't want to hear the typical sarcasm AND you have two specific posters in mind? Seems like PM is the way to go.

Your choice.

Thanks so much for the advice. Very helpful and very insightful to the question as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wasn't looking for a +1. :)

Really, I was just trying to show that neither has seen the floor much. Given the fact that both are 2nd rounders, that isn't terribly surprising. The Pistons haven't invested a ton of money into them, so there isn't a rush for them to get a ton of PT. I figure if the Pistons struggle, and are out of playoff contention, they'll play more of the younger bench guys. If they're in the playoff hunt, they won't.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't looking for a +1. :)

Really, I was just trying to show that neither has seen the floor much. Given the fact that both are 2nd rounders, that isn't terribly surprising. The Pistons haven't invested a ton of money into them, so there isn't a rush for them to get a ton of PT. I figure if the Pistons struggle, and are out of playoff contention, they'll play more of the younger bench guys. If they're in the playoff hunt, they won't.

Yes, and since I don't regularly follow pro basketball I had no clue regarding the equality of the minutes in question. Again, your post was right on point and helpful. Thanks...I understood what you were saying. At least i thought I did. :-) Gave you the +1 anyway! Ha!

• Upvote 1