Very Early, Very Preliminary Game Day Weather For UTSA

MeanGreenWithEnvy

The weather forecasts look like they're getting dicier and dicier every four hours or so. Per NWS, precipitation chances for tomorrow in Denton have risen from 20% to 40% and there's sleet mixed in with the rain.

That being said, the temps aren't cold enough right now in Denton for stuff to stick on the roads. It is forecast to freeze here tonight (barely), but temps should get above freezing tomorrow morning. The best chances for accumulation of stuff here in Denton aren't until Sunday and Monday.

I would suggest embracing the wisdom of the Hitchhiker and bringing a towel to the game tomorrow to wipe off your seat.

All that being written, I'll be at Apogee no matter what. GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

It's looking like the precipitation will back off for the game. Just cold and cloudy with unfrozen roads and significant wind. Everyone needs to get out and show for some pre-storm fun, since it's looking like we're all going to be pretty much stranded in our houses on Sunday and Monday. Shouldn't be too bad at all if wrapped up for the weather. Go Green!

• Upvote 1

ehh I'm just worried about driving in. I plan to arrive in Denton by noon so hopefully roads are not iced in the morning

Be careful man. As much shit as we all talk back and forth, nobody wants anything bad to you guys coming up or going back. Wont feel bad if you don't like the final score or getting razed by the student section, but everything else is still a reflection of our hospitality.

I was out at a high school football game tonight in south texas... 47 with a light mist and winds around 17 mph. Basically exactly as it is forecasted to be at gametime in Denton tomorrow.

I can tell you this... It was damn cold in the stands... But as I was walking in (moving around), it wasn't bad at all. Actually felt quite good. The players also seemed to be extra frisky. Should be perfect weather and a non-factor on the field.

Edited by warcat

I am driving up from Waco and will be leaving immediately after the game. Talked

to my freind who is a weatherman and he says 40 to 43 during the game, but told

me to make certain to not spend the night or I might not get home until Tuesday.

He is a big Baylor fan and is very concerned about how they will play in 20 degree

temperature weather.

• Upvote 1

We should just be glad that the North Texas/UTSA game is a 2:30 PM kick-off instead of that 7:00 PM kick in Stillwater tomorrow night as OSU hosts the Baylor Bears.

On November 13, 1976, the Mean Green played Bobby Bowden's Florida State Seminoles in Denton with a half foot of snow at old Fouts Field.

That North Texas/Florida State game made an evening national newscast (ABC?) because our stadium officials used orange highway cones to mark each 5 yards since the field was completely covered with snow and since its Texas--we didn't have a snow plow to take care of all that snow. Now that was a COLD November Game Day in Mean Green Country!

GMG!

I have 3 pics of that snow game but cannot post them here because of pic regulations on GMG.com I guess.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I was out at a high school football game tonight in south texas... 47 with a light mist and winds around 17 mph. Basically exactly as it is forecasted to be at gametime in Denton tomorrow.

I can tell you this... It was damn cold in the stands... But as I was walking in (moving around), it wasn't bad at all. Actually felt quite good. The players also seemed to be extra frisky. Should be perfect weather and a non-factor on the field.

It will be a factor for the team who plays in a dome.