coach mac

wardly

This is my feeling on the subject. Mac coaches here another 3-5 years and then retires. Chico is the head coach in waiting, provided that he does not get offered an ideal position sooner.

Chico, God I hope not. Because the offense looks so prepared and consistent from game to game, and execution is so spot on.

If Mac continues doing well I could see him staying here for 10 years or so before he retires depending on health.

You mean a QB that doesn't hold a bunch if passing records at UNT?

Got it.

One of your worst retorts ever.

No incoming QB will have his stats, records or not.

If DT is the best we'll get out of Chico, we'll find out next year. If DW is everything people are saying, we'll find out next year. I'm just saying I want a larger sample size before calling for Chico's head.

I just can't consider - in his favor or not - the Dodge years.

One of your worst retorts ever.

No incoming QB will have his stats, records or not.

If DT is the best we'll get out of Chico, we'll find out next year. If DW is everything people are saying, we'll find out next year. I'm just saying I want a larger sample size before calling for Chico's head.

I just can't consider - in his favor or not - the Dodge years.

Whose calling for his head?

The discussion was about elevating him to head coach upon Macs departure.

So, one of your worst retorts ever?

Just out of curiosity, where does he stand on the most important passing stat (IMO)--TD to INT ratio?

The only stat that matters to me is Win/Loss and then if I was to worry about other stats the next stat to look at is TD to Turnover ratio. Fumbles should count too, QB's can and do fumble.

The only stat that matters to me is Win/Loss and then if I was to worry about other stats the next stat to look at is TD to Turnover ratio. Fumbles should count too, QB's can and do fumble.

Yeah, TO to TD ratio is an important stat. For QBs, I also like YPA. That tells you a lot about how truly efficient they are.

I could see Iowa or Iowa State offer Mac in the next couple of years depending on what happens here and at those programs. He's an old Hawkeye from Fry's staff, and is a legend among the Cyclones. I don't think they would care about his age. Aside from that, I agree with everyone who doesn't expect that a program would want to start over with an older HC. And if the increase in pay isn't a lot, he may stay anyway if his incentives (winning season, bowl, championship game, etc.) are close to offsetting the offer.

I doubt McCarney is going to get any offers any better than what he has here. Like him or not, he is a risk for any program because of his heath. Worrying about coaches is futile anyway, because there is not a lot that can be done if they get an offer from a bigger program.

As far as Canales, again the HC calls the shots not the offensive coordinator who only works within the confines of the game plan that the HC has approved or originated. McCarney is conservative and it is working. In the win streak, the team has only been challenged once by Rice, then they opened it up enough to get a two score led and basically shut it down. I think NT could have run up the score in every game of the last 5 but didn't want to risk a turnover.

• Upvote 1

When he has missed, it's been more than Juuuuusssst a bit outside.

Anybody can hire a successful coach when you are throwing around 2,3, 4 million a year. Our coaches are below market, so you have to take some chances and hope they work out. Check the track record for football coaches hired at around our salary level - 50/50 probably is high.

• Upvote 2