C-USA Championship

StealthEagle84

Hard to believe this team is on the cusp of a conference title. I had this team as a 4 win bunch at the start of the season. Many of the areas marked as deficiencies have turned into strengths. Frustrating a bit for me because this is the first year in a while that I haven't seen a UNT game in person given that my job has taken me to Abu Dhabi.

• Upvote 2

After head to head and conference record, BCS standing comes into play. Before this weekend we were quiet a bit ahead of Marshall and behind ECU by a little bit. As of now it appears we should be rooting for ECU to lose one more game or for Marshall to beat ECU in the final regular game of their seasons. ECU looked good last night against Tulsa. They have some athletes.

All this assumes we win our final two games.

After head to head and conference record, BCS standing comes into play. Before this weekend we were quiet a bit ahead of Marshall and behind ECU by a little bit. As of now it appears we should be rooting for ECU to lose one more game or for Marshall to beat ECU in the final regular game of their seasons. ECU looked good last night against Tulsa. They have some athletes.

All this assumes we win our final two games.

Yes, ECU would pick up much more BCS love by beating UAB, NC State, and Marshall, than we would by beating SA and Tulsa. ECU needs to lose a game for us to host. Even with an ECU loss it's not a 100% host for us, since if they were to lose to NC State and beat UAB and Marshall, the BCS vote might end up being a close call between the two of us. Regardless, they need to lose one and we need to win out if we want a shot at two more home games.

Edited by foutsrouts

Wherever the game is held, the opportunity to face either Marshall or East Carolina would be an incredible preparation for a future bowl opponent.

Ending the season against a host of non-bowl squads has its benefits but it'd be nice to also face a more quality team so the guys can better self-evaluate heading into bowl practices.