Kids in costume promotion success?

jdennis82

Not many kids in the zone at all, which was probably a good thing because other than the ever present bounce house; there was not a lot to do.

Frankly, my 6 year old grandson is a big game fan, so it didn't matter; but I would be highly disappointed if I had kids that gave up trick or treating for that experience.

The excitement of the game and the band were great, but IMO they should not have promoted the Halloween event under the wing unless they were going to but in a lot more effort.

I never got under the stands to see how things were going, but was disappointed. We brought lots of candy to our tailgate. I guess it wasn't smart to think that the kids would go from tailgate to tailgate to trick or treat, but somehow, I was expecting it. We had some schtick, banter and repartee ready for the droolers. Will save the material for back in the hood next year.

There were a few kids dressed up in our section (Family Zone, duh)...probably should have brought our candy to our seats!

GMG

I realized no kids were coming around so I took my candy around to the different tailgates (reverse trick or treat). Then I took what I had left into the stands and threw it to the crowd.

My kids had a blast. Of course they don't read message boards either to know any different.

Plus 1 to you, Sir! My guess is that the kids did not notice...they just had fun. How much candy do you want you kid to have anyway? Being with Mom and Dad and having fun is the thing they will remember the most. Candy...not so much.

• Upvote 1

Next year they need to get the sorority involved. When my wife was the treasure of kappa kappa gamma they put on some amazing events and raised a ton of money! I bet each sorority could draw a couple thousand dollars for the event and set up some pretty sweet things. My son enjoyed it but I always get disappointed with things when I feel like my wife could have done better haha. We helped set up and (they) raised a ton of money very quickly. Who ever is in charge take this advice. Work with the sororities! Heck even the alumni group should as well. Or ex sorority sisters who can set it up.

• Upvote 1

The trick is to not wait on the Athletic Department to make promotional opportunities for kids & just do it yourself. I'm coach of a Little League baseball team in Carrollton & we've got the end of the season team party thing down to a science. Spring ball = Rangers game. Fall ball = last UNT football game (3rd year in a row coming up). Remember, when you bring 20 or more, you get a discount on tickets. There's your incentive. Kids love the tailgating & the proximity of being close to the field!

• Upvote 2