NORTH TEXAS Chant Is Better Than Ever!

meangreener

That chant gets people fired up like never before. So loud. People always et involved. Thanks to the people who run the video board who clearly read this. So loud.

The video board displaying "NORTH ... TEXAS" in conjunction with the cheerleaders leading this chant makes it easy for great crowd participation. This is how you create a hostile environment for opposing teams.

• Upvote 3

The video board displaying "NORTH ... TEXAS" in conjunction with the cheerleaders leading this chant makes it easy for great crowd participation. This is how you create a hostile environment for opposing teams.

I agree... We truly did provide a hostile environment for the Owls last night. The North Texas chant was great, the crowd was big and loud, and the student section was impressive. I am very happy with all of it.

Rick, the cheerleaders (who also wore new black uniforms for the game) lead the North Texas cheer earlier in the game. I think it was during the fourth quarter that the students started it on their own, and the crowd picked up on it. That one didn't last as long as the game resumed. The student side was really into this game and stayed through the end. Unlike some previous games, there was no significant (if any) decline in attendance during the game.

• Upvote 1

Rick, the cheerleaders (who also wore new black uniforms for the game) lead the North Texas cheer earlier in the game. I think it was during the fourth quarter that the students started it on their own, and the crowd picked up on it. That one didn't last as long as the game resumed. The student side was really into this game and stayed through the end. Unlike some previous games, there was no significant (if any) decline in attendance during the game.

Excellent. Thank you.

At one point on the radio I heard, or thought I heard what sounds like the end of the fight song. Very loud and very clear.

The noise on the highlight reel at the end sounds like any of the SEC games you see on TV. Greatness!

Rick

Excellent. Thank you.

At one point on the radio I heard, or thought I heard what sounds like the end of the fight song. Very loud and very clear.

The noise on the highlight reel at the end sounds like any of the SEC games you see on TV. Greatness!

Rick

That's what I'm saying. Maybe I'm just a homer but seriously, our stadium sounds just as loud as many 50K stadiums sold out. It's comparable. Whoever designed Apogee is a genius.

Rice couldn't even hear for the end of the game, and they played at Kyle. I found that interesting.

Edited by meangreener

I was right above the bench, and we were trying to get a Harvard rejects chant, but it didn't catch on. Also some of the students started chanting "bulls***" after the hold on the 8th and goal.

I will say this, some guys were screaming at the rice bench the whole second quarter, and they were not cussing, and only saying things as bad as "scoreboard", "rice sucks", and "your team is loooosing", and a few times the players would get pissed and turn and cuss at them, and one time the Rice head coach turned around and yelled "F*** you"

The band launched into the fight song to bring the chant to a uniform end. Worked well.

My thoughts exactly.

Both times the cheer was organized by the cheerleaders and/or jumbotron, music brought the chant to an effective, clean end (either by the band or the PA system). Worked like a charm!

Thanks to those who coordinated this effort.

• Upvote 1

Our student section is vicious. Gotta be one of the nastiest. Love it.

I've never been in the student section for a football game. I ventured down to the student section at basketball games a few times back when Flyer was leading it, and they would rile the opposing team every game.

I kinda' chuckled yesterday when I looked at the ticketmaster available seats. I guess that whole CUSA no students behind the opposing bench rule didn't fly...at all.

My thoughts exactly.

Both times the cheer was organized by the cheerleaders and/or jumbotron, music brought the chant to an effective, clean end (either by the band or the PA system). Worked like a charm!

Thanks to those who coordinated this effort.

Yes. A great big thanks goes out to all those who helped organize the NORTH...TEXAS chant into a potent home field event that charges up everyone--the players, the fans, the whole Mean Green Nation. This kind of stuff definitely plays with the heads of the opposing team's players, coaches, etc.

The crowd noise on the TV broadcast was really loud. Very impressive. Even one of the anouncers mentioned how loud the crowd noise was on a paricular 3rd down. It sounded like the place was packed!

Apogee is a world-class stadium with an excellent design. Let's pack it for the UTEP game and make it so loud in there that they will be able to hear us chant NORTH...TEXAS all the way back in El Paso.

GMG.