What a great win!

Harry

Very impressive victory, made me proud that we made the most of the national spotlight. We had so many players step up tonite it would be impossible to call each of them out, but I guess that's the hallmark of a great TEAM.

As coach always tells our team, lets celebrate this for 24 hours, enjoy how good the victory feels, and then start looking forward to the next game.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

Unbelievable. Can't understand the difference between the 1st and 2nd halves (or more specifically why we suck in the 1st quarter) but what an amazing performance in the 2nd half by the D.

I was pretty down on the D in the 1st as Rice was passing at will. I honestly cant understand why they insisted on running so much. But what a goal line stand and their confidence just seemed to grow with each play. WOW!!!!

Rice didn't score on the defense in the 1st quarter. There was about a 5 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter where they moved the ball on us...that was it.

• Upvote 1

For those who have followed the team for years, you know that we have a knack for laying an egg on the big games with lots of fans in attendance and then play our best when no one is there. Not this time! This team would not be denied. The whole team stepped up and played one heck of a game on a big stage. Well done Mean Green, well done.

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 2

Payback! This goes a long way for me in erasing the nightmare that was the last time UNT played Rice! So very happy for the guys on the team who were there the last time. That is done and over...payback completed! Super win! Do not know how long it will be before I can even think of going to bed!

Will be heading to the UNT basketball game tomorrow, but I am thinking that a lot of tomorrow night's discussions will center around tonight's win and that goal line stand!

• Upvote 3

Gosh what a great game, just finished watching after taking kids t&ting.

Very little to not like, defense was huge even after 3 4th down penalties.

RB's were solid, DT played nice game with exception of one bone head INT.

Special Teams was huge, Defense!!!!

BTW the INT that started with Orr should be a night highlight

Just a great F***ing Game!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 2

For those who have followed the team for years, you know that we have a knack for laying an egg on the big games with lots of fans in attendance and then play our best when no one is there. Not this time! This team would not be denied. The whole team stepped up and played one heck of a game on a big stage. Well done Mean Green, well done.

Shhhh, dang it you just reminded me of 1988....SFA,....Homecoming.

Not this year...not with this defense.

Rick

Navy fan here who drove up from Fort Worth to check out the game. Congrats, Rice is a good team with a talented QB and receiver corps, your defense really won that game for you. I was impressed by the size and volume of your student section, very good showing for a weeknight. Enjoyed your band too, certainly one of the best. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Please come back for another game & bring some friends. There's nothing wrong with being a Navy fan & cheering for the Mean Green. The Heart of Dallas Bowl would be a good setting for a few beers with a few Navy buds!