La Tech Post Game Notes and Quotes

Harry

DL IK Enemkpali

On the frustration after not being able to get to the QB vs. North Texas:

Today, we just did not get the job done up front. I have played against ACC, SEC and Big 12 offensive lines and by far, North Texas is the most physical offensive line we have played against. My hat is off to them. They are physical. This is football. It is physical. They come off the ball every play.

Read more: http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/101913aaa.html

A few of my observations. :

My road victory #Score

Got to chat for a long time with former Redskin Terry Orr #Score

La Tech was on the merit system. Maybe because it was scout day ? I didn't see 1 person get asked for their ticket. People just walking in & out of stadium

They had a ton of Greeks who never came into the stadium. Instead they stayed out drinking all game less than 100 yards from the gate. Hopefully they can find a way to get those kids inside for at least some of the games

Place was kinda dead. Our crowd was louder than their's and they outnumbered us by several 1,000. Our fans rocked and desperately want a winner

Please fix that PA system or turn it down. That was a beating sitting close to it

Loved Mac & players acknowledging us after game.

Not sure why La Tech put their sideline facing direct sunlight. Wasn't hot , but our players were in shade the whole time while the Bulldogs had to stare directly into the sun. Just seemed odd to me

Our offense wasn't great , but our D just might be the best in CUSA. Still a lot of room for improvement

The La Tech Basketball team will be very good. Could easily win conference title

Road win should do nothing but build confidence heading into Hattiesburg. We need to jump on them early and kill the little fight they may have left. It's gotta be a beating losing that many games in a row. No reason to give them hope by letting them hang around

I think the local a watch parties will be packed

Halloween game could be a very,very electric atmosphere

I'm sure there is a lot more, but it's all I can think of right now

• Upvote 1

DL IK Enemkpali

On the frustration after not being able to get to the QB vs. North Texas:

Today, we just did not get the job done up front. I have played against ACC, SEC and Big 12 offensive lines and by far, North Texas is the most physical offensive line we have played against. My hat is off to them. They are physical. This is football. It is physical. They come off the ball every play.

Read more: http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/101913aaa.html

Ik is another Pflugerville guy.

• Upvote 1

A few of my observations. :

My road victory #Score

Got to chat for a long time with former Redskin Terry Orr #Score

La Tech was on the merit system. Maybe because it was scout day ? I didn't see 1 person get asked for their ticket. People just walking in & out of stadium

They had a ton of Greeks who never came into the stadium. Instead they stayed out drinking all game less than 100 yards from the gate. Hopefully they can find a way to get those kids inside for at least some of the games

Place was kinda dead. Our crowd was louder than their's and they outnumbered us by several 1,000. Our fans rocked and desperately want a winner

Please fix that PA system or turn it down. That was a beating sitting close to it

Loved Mac & players acknowledging us after game.

Not sure why La Tech put their sideline facing direct sunlight. Wasn't hot , but our players were in shade the whole time while the Bulldogs had to stare directly into the sun. Just seemed odd to me

Our offense wasn't great , but our D just might be the best in CUSA. Still a lot of room for improvement

The La Tech Basketball team will be very good. Could easily win conference title

Road win should do nothing but build confidence heading into Hattiesburg. We need to jump on them early and kill the little fight they may have left. It's gotta be a beating losing that many games in a row. No reason to give them hope by letting them hang around

I think the local a watch parties will be packed

Halloween game could be a very,very electric atmosphere

I'm sure there is a lot more, but it's all I can think of right now

It would also be nice if their PA guy could learn our name.

Intentional slight?

• Upvote 1

North Texas scored 28 unanswered points to defeat LA Tech, 28-13. The win by the Mean Green ties the all-time series 6-6. Today's announced attendance was 20,317. This marked the 32nd time Joe Aillet Stadium has hosted a football crowd of over 20,000.

Ha Ha Ha! You sure wouldn't have known they had 5 previous losses to us with that revisionist history story-teller video they played on their jumbo torn before kick off.

And they didnt have close to 20k there yesterday, but then, how would they ever know? There wasn't anyone standing at the gates taking or scanning tickets or even to tell you to put your beer in the trash.

Too funny.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1