UNT fills out Non Conference Hoops Slate

Harry

This ia a horrible schedule, as someone who has had season tickets about forever, I think it just came to an end. Last year's play and returning a coach who has displayed nothing but incompetence plus a home schedule that a good juco would be ashamed of, and I see no reason to waste the time. Now that the girls play on separate nights, those are the games I will attend.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 7

Really nothing beautiful about this schedule. It looks awful even by any already watered down standards. 20 wins is not likely (I don't see NT getting close to .500 in conference). But if he gets to 15 wins there just might be another year of this nightmare...arrrrgggg

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

He said a lot of things. He had a binder.

On the bright side, it's pretty easy to tell when he is lying unless he's developed a ventriloquist act to give him something to fall back on.

Basically, just take everything he says and just know the opposite will occur. A short list:

We will play better defense

We will rebound the ball

I will develop Tony Mitchell

We will push the ball on offense

We will play tougher opponents to elevate the program

What is VERY clear is that he knows he isn't going to win in conference so he is trying to schedule as many easy wins as possible in a sad attempt to get as many paychecks as possible. Someone should really tell him this is unnecessary, as we NEVER fire a coach around here with more than one year left on his contract.

• Upvote 4

I don't really care who we play at home, I'm there to cheer on the Mean Green. Would I like to see some bigger schools, of course. Last year I was much happier walking out of the Super Pit after the Jackson State game than I was the Lehigh (a so-called name team)game... winning makes me happy.

Not supporting this year's team really proves nothing. Everyone of these players had a choice of what school to attend and they chose North Texas so I think they deserve me and my families full support which we are proud to give.

Related topic - Yes I would love to be drinking a cold one while I support the team

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't really care who we play at home, I'm there to cheer on the Mean Green. Would I like to see some bigger schools, of course. Last year I was much happier walking out of the Super Pit after the Jackson State game than I was the Lehigh (a so-called name team)game... winning makes me happy.

Not supporting this year's team really proves nothing. Everyone of these players had a choice of what school to attend and they chose North Texas so I think they deserve me and my families full support which we are proud to give.

Related topic - Yes I would love to be drinking a cold one while I support the team

I was at that Jackson State game.

If that was the high water mark for fans able to make it to more than one game a year, then I'm VERY glad I live 1500 miles away.

• Upvote 2

If this was a post about the football schedule I'd be more likely to agree with it. But that's because half of the fun is tailgating with family and friends. Taking the beat down of rush hour traffic just to get to a 7pm game to watch maybe 30 minutes of competitive basketball isn't quite the same.

• Upvote 1