Game Day Activities

diecougardie

Just wanted to get some advice from the North Texas fans- where are the best bars prior to the game and close to campus? Best Tailgate? Best BBQ? etc. I am only going to be in Denton once for a football game ever, and I don't want to miss anything. Also where is the best nightlife post game?

thanks in advance for any advice.

• Upvote 1

Go to the downtown square. It's a short drive from Apogee (2.4 miles according to Google Maps), but there will be a number of palces available to you there. Many of which, you will like. Downtown has food, drinks, music and a good"walkin' around atmosphere." And the beautiful women that North Texas is famous for.

Welcome to Denton.

GO MEAN GREEN

Thanks Christopher. I stand corrected. J

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1

Just wanted to get some advice from the North Texas fans- where are the best bars prior to the game and close to campus? Best Tailgate? Best BBQ? etc. I am only going to be in Denton once for a football game ever, and I don't want to miss anything. Also where is the best nightlife post game?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Bars: Downtown - Oak Street Draft House, Loophole, Hickory St. Tavern, Mulberry Cantina, Roosters, Hooligans and East Side Social Club (Opening Sept. 1, will be awesome)

Fry St. - Lucky Lou's, Riprocks, Treehouse

BBQ: Rudy's

Tailgate: The Hill

Nightlife: Fry. St. or Downtown

• Upvote 1

Welcome -- glad to have you visiting.

So much to do but I would say Friday night or pre tailgating hit Fry Street or as Joe said The Square in downtown Denton -- bunch of great bars and restaurants etc...

-- there are many more but at least this will give you a start... main tailgating area is on "The Hill" which is right next to Apogee but there are many other good places to party... you can also park and tailgate at Fouts and walk across the pedestrian bridge come gametime.

After the game a lot of people will hang out in the tailgate areas while the traffic dies down.

After that you should head back to Fry Street and Denton square for post game festivities.

It's a great time and you will find our fans to be very friendly to guests. GMG

Go to the downtown square. It's a bit of a drive from Apogee (5 miles ?), but there will be a number of palces available to you there. Many of which, you will like. Downtown has food, drinks, music and a good"walkin' around atmosphere." And the beautiful women that North Texas is famous for.

Welcome to Denton.

GO MEAN GREEN

Dude, like two miles, tops.

bar - The Inferno, that place is bumpin

food - the flying tomato

best night of your lyyyyyyyyfe

C'mon, man. No reason to drudge up old wounds.