How many qbs do we play?

BillySee58

Hopefully one starter all season long, with some mop-up time for #2.

This. And I believe this is how it will be. And I would have to think that Dajon Williams will be one of the two, if Coach Mac has already said they aren't going to redshirt him.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

I think that I see a pattern here. Even if you know...keep them guessing.

The coaches are doing that with every position. Quarterbacks? All four have been mentioned. (Note: Gill is apparently no longer on the team and Williams now has #6). They could have decided to go with one or they may want to see how each handles game conditions. Running backs? Byrd has experience but Pegram is looking good and Jimmerson will play. Coach Grant did name the top two or three receivers but was noncommittal on several hot prospects. Only Lemon and Y'Barbo were mentioned as locks on an established (except for center) offensive line. No one has even asked about the tight ends. It wouldn't matter if they had. On the defensive side even Whitfield is in jeopardy. Orr and Trice are leaders but no mention of the progress of any others.

Methinks that it's fairly well known who will play early but I don't doubt that more will see action this year because our depth appears to be much better.

I'm beginning to not want to know. It would be like knowing what's in each Christmas package and spoiling the opening. I like the element of surprise. I may be disappointed that a personal favorite doesn't start or get significant minutes but I'll get over it. It's wide open! Oh, wait a minute, hasn't that been used?

• Upvote 3

I think that I see a pattern here. Even if you know...keep them guessing.

The coaches are doing that with every position. Quarterbacks? All four have been mentioned. (Note: Gill is apparently no longer on the team and Williams now has #6). They could have decided to go with one or they may want to see how each handles game conditions. Running backs? Byrd has experience but Pegram is looking good and Jimmerson will play. Coach Grant did name the top two or three receivers but was noncommittal on several hot prospects. Only Lemon and Y'Barbo were mentioned as locks on an established (except for center) offensive line. No one has even asked about the tight ends. It wouldn't matter if they had. On the defensive side even Whitfield is in jeopardy. Orr and Trice are leaders but no mention of the progress of any others.

Methinks that it's fairly well known who will play early but I don't doubt that more will see action this year because our depth appears to be much better.

I'm beginning to not want to know. It would be like knowing what's in each Christmas package and spoiling the opening. I like the element of surprise. I may be disappointed that a personal favorite doesn't start or get significant minutes but I'll get over it. It's wide open! Oh, wait a minute, hasn't that been used?

This posts makes me want to abandon this board and Vito's blog until game day just so that I have no clue who's going to play on game day. But then again I was a kid who opened my presents before Christmas and re-wrapped them so my parents didn't find out.
  • Upvote 4

This posts makes me want to abandon this board and Vito's blog until game day just so that I have no clue who's going to play on game day. But then again I was a kid who opened my presents before Christmas and re-wrapped them so my parents didn't find out.

You'll have a heart attack when McNulty walks out on the field as the starting QB opening day.

:o

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

Why should I care? I want to win, plain and simple.

Well yeah, everyone wants us to win. We just don't know what it's going to take to win and that's one of the major reasons of this board, especially before the season. Giving our opinions as to what we need to do this year and how we're going to win ball games.

Sorry, don't take it personally. I just don't understand why people post "I don't care what we do as long as we win" replies. Stupid pet peeve of mine.

Of course. Everyone on this board is, save for the troll fans. That goes without saying IMO.

I gotcha. :)

Yet we spend countless threads and hours debating QB scenarios and bashing uniforms, which will have absolutely no weight in the coaches' decision-making.

One more pointless than the other? Maybe. All opinion? Definitely.