UNT in a good spot with Ryan’s J.T. Williams

Harry

One of the top high school players in Denton is seriously considering continuing his career at UNT.

J.T. Williams, a defensive tackle for state powerhouse Ryan, said this morning that the Mean Green is currently among the top two teams he is considering. Houston is also at the top of Williams’ list.

Arkansas State has been in contact with Williams, who said that Baylor could also be close to offering him a scholarship.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/08/unt-in-a-good-spot-with-ryans-j-t-williams.html/

Why would we allow this kid at our practices? If he's gonna commit watching practice won't change anything...once you're bought in we can neglect you, right?

I'm confused as to where this is coming from...are you referring to practices not being open to the public or actually neglecting players?

Or maybe the one about a rooster in the mouth?

You seem to be fixated on that.........immature and childish, but one must just consider the source. I do give credit for some creativity, however, too Bad it has to be of the gutter variety. But, again, considering the source and some in the audience...it figures.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm confused as to where this is coming from...are you referring to practices not being open to the public or actually neglecting players?

I'm referring to the absolutely ridiculous school of thought that says once you're a ticket buying customer you should just be content. That any complaint about a lack of events/plans to keep you interested or maintain your loyalty (especially given the lean years we have seen) are just the rants of malcontents. Or that wanting us to be as open as is literally possible (with a fan base that is fickle and doesn't fill our stadium) is just a bit too much to ask.

If UT opens a practice and only 3 "new" people show up it's a drop in the bucket...zero sum gain. If we draw three new fans it's a potential 5% increase in season ticket sales (I assume since not even the CIA knows our true season ticket numbers).

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

I get where you're coming from overall, but if Mac thinks it's best to keep some things hidden for now, I'd rather hope he's right and find out later. Maybe after the season starts the practices will be open, but either way if keeping secrets about who is better than expected leads to an extra win or two, I'm good with it for now. You know I'll usually go for any idea to drum up support, no matter how crazy (okay, the crazy is more me than you but you know what I mean), but if there's a chance for "haha, we are sneaky, and we beat you!", then I'm all for that.