UNT lands Key Offensive Line Recruit Christopher Miles

Harry

I have yet to get him on the phone, but I have received confirmation that Flower Mound offensive lineman Christopher Miles has committed to UNT.

Miles visited over the weekend and committed a short time later.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/08/unt-lands-key-offensive-line-recruit.html/

This post has been promoted to an article

Good get . If we could add Beard too , that be 1 heck of a solid foundation upfront

Absolutely. Those would be two solid guys who could project to multiple positions on the offensive line.

Don't forget about Avery Fortenberry, Aaron Fortenberry's little brother. Avery just graduated high school but iirc he was given a grayshirt offer, which means he might be part of this class at offensive line as well.

• Upvote 2

Watch his HUDL film! You will see why he had so many offers. Kid is a wall -- very good feet. Great pickup. Future of the UNT O-Line looks great!

I wonder if they are looking at the guard on his side, #74 because he looks good too.

Good get . If we could add Beard too , that be 1 heck of a solid foundation upfront

This. With the young group of OL's on the depth chart, these two would be my targets for this class along with Lundblade from Liberty Christian.

• Upvote 1

So, tell me again who is considered the Harvard of the southwest?

Welcome aboard big Chris!

Multiple offers...I like it... while he is pulling around to lead block for a screen pass, he's calculating how much force is being applied to truck some poor safety...springing the jimmy show for yet another 85 yard td catch and run!

• Upvote 5

This is why it is so important that we win NOW!!! We've got a very small window in which to take advantage of all of the excitement generated by Apogee, Coach Mac, etc.

On a much smaller scale, this is similar to the situation that aTm was in last year. Their future depended on how well they showed to be competitive in the SEC. Their long term future depended on which cycle they ended up establishing, success->good recruiting->success or failure->diminished recruiting->failure. Now, aTm probably wasn't going to be a Vanderbilt, but they needed the success to not be an Ole Miss

We have one of the rare opportunities that come along to allow one of the have-not's to break out of the failure cycle an we can't afford to blow it.

Win NOW, baby!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

This is why it is so important that we win NOW!!! We've got a very small window in which to take advantage of all of the excitement generated by Apogee, Coach Mac, etc.

On a much smaller scale, this is similar to the situation that aTm was in last year. Their future depended on how well they showed to be competitive in the SEC. Their long term future depended on which cycle they ended up establishing, success->good recruiting->success or failure->diminished recruiting->failure. Now, aTm probably wasn't going to be a Vanderbilt, but they needed the success to not be an Ole Miss

We have one of the rare opportunities that come along to allow one of the have-not's to break out of the failure cycle an we can't afford to blow it.

Win NOW, baby!!

Great comparison. Obviously our situation is on a smaller scale than A&M, but if we have a good year our recruiting will continue to blow up. This little recruiting hot streak we're on should show us that we have great potential, seeing that we're only beginning to tap it.
  • Upvote 2

Coaches have a lot to do with it and the facilities, but I also think CUSA affiliation is starting to help in recruiting as well. It is a confluence of factors coming together and if we add a strong winning season this year, the sky is the limit for the future. As many know, it is now mainly up to winning to start unveiling our huge potential. As for academics, I think slowly UNT is starting to change its reputation, which I think is apparent with how some of these new recruits think highly of UNT as an academic institution. Mind these are recruits with top Ivy-league offers. We'll benefit not only from good athletes but also from smart and intelligent student athletes as great ambassadors. I like the impetus the 2014 recruiting class is garnering for the future. Let's keep doing our part and get other people excited about UNT!

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 3