a little NT hate

10Eagle10

That's everybody. Any time we start to get some momentum or even beat one of them, they stop scheduling us until we implode again.

how is this even remotely possible.....lets ignore the fact that schedules are made years in advance and when a series ends it is not possible for a school to say "hey north Texas is finally about to stop sucking so lets give them a chance to beat us even though we just played then a few times and beat them"

and besides since when did it become the job or the responsibility to give other programs a chance to beat you when you think they are improving.....how about we just give north Texas a 100 year participation trophy and we can be happy with that and talk trash to all the programs that are moving on past.....oh wait those threads are already here on GMG

and lets look at the numbers......SMU has played north Texas 33 times and they are 28-4-1 and that alone is about an average of playing north Texas every 3 years so tat is a lot of sucking on the part of north Texas and a lot of really good timing on the part of SMU to figure out just what years the real suck was going to be in effect (or maybe they just threw a dart at a board it would be about the same when the board is all suck except for the bulls eye)

TCU is 16-2 and Baylor is 12-1....so again they were really good at figuring out when the suck years were that is for sure

and if you add all that up it is 56-7-1 with 64 games total for a team that has played 100 years of football (not subtracting the war years when football was not played)......so yea that is just amazing that three teams were all able to continuously pick all the suck years and avoid the really good years out of 56 of 64 games in a 100 year period

not to mention that for a long period of time those three teams all were playing against each other, they were in a conference with all Texas teams or all Texas teams + Arkansas and they were not needing even more Texas exposure or games because they had pretty much every area of the state covered as far as recruiting and exposure went and especially the DFW metro area with both TCU and SMU in the conference and the area.....then there was the 15 year drop down to D1-AA for north Texas as well when they became even less attractive as an opponent VS the multitude of other available games in the state and region and yet they still did manage to get 64 games scheduled with north Texas and they managed to win 56 of them which is an amazing ability to figure out when a team is going to suck VS avoiding them when they have all those really great years.....unless the reality is the really great years were few and far between and some of them are represented in those 7 wins that north Texas managed to mix in

pathetic that a program would even remotely make the argument that teams avoid them when they are good much less they would continue to post it on a fan forum for their team and chant that mantra over and over and over......if 64 chances in 100 years was not enough to get more than 7 wins and a tie how many more damn chances are needed?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Look at the specific years we were on an upswing...for instance Fry, Greene, and Dickey eras. If the games were already scheduled they played us again but when we won, or were beating other decent teams, lots of these waited to schedule us until we were crappy again. I'll agree we've tended to be mediocre or bad more often than good, but when we were having some good years most of the usual winners avoided playing us because they didn't want to be embarrassed. Then when we dropped back to being less impressive, they started scheduling us so they could beat us again.

Look at the specific years we were on an upswing...for instance Fry, Greene, and Dickey eras. If the games were already scheduled they played us again but when we won, or were beating other decent teams, lots of these waited to schedule us until we were crappy again. I'll agree we've tended to be mediocre or bad more often than good, but when we were having some good years most of the usual winners avoided playing us because they didn't want to be embarrassed. Then when we dropped back to being less impressive, they started scheduling us so they could beat us again.

Don't encourage the biggest troll in the history of trolls.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Baylor's new stadium is taking shape and is in a great location. I hope we get on their schedule in the future, because I would love to see the interior when finished, but won't go if we aren't playing.

Maybe we can schedule a 2-0 series with them, also. ;-)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 home games should always be the standard. We are going to always play a money game each year, you know that. So why not one we can drive to?

Why don't you check the future schedules and see where we can schedule 2 away games against Baylor without causing 5 game home seasons.

That would be 2022 or 2023.

We couldn't even schedule a home and home with them (WHICH SHOULD BE THE GOAL!!) until 2019 because we Baylor would want the first home game.

But we don't worry about that around here, because we think some magical schedule ferry will fix everything.

Edited by UNT90

And if you are going to be a condescending prick all the time, at least learn the difference between "ferry" and "fairy." I would definitely agree that a boat designed to carry cars across a body of water is not going to remedy our schedule.

To be fair, if there was a canal connecting the two by 2022, it would be pretty awesome tailgating to float from Denton to Waco.

Ok we wait until 2022. That is fine. It would still be a desirable money game. I would certainly agree that a home and home is a better goal, but they don't have much incentive to do one, with a regular conference series in Ft Worth. So why not make the annual money game in 2022 in Waco? At least fans could go easily.

And if you are going to be a condescending prick all the time, at least learn the difference between "ferry" and "fairy." I would definitely agree that a boat designed to carry cars across a body of water is not going to remedy our schedule.

Oh, and adding Tennessee ensured us of another 5 game home slate in 2015.

Go RV!!!

Not sure what you think we disagree on here. I think we will (and probably must) play one money game each year. I am not in favor of two money games or any 2-1 deals that make an already difficult scheduling situation more inflexible. I agree that 6 home games should be the norm and the minimum.

I think Harry needs to address the 2015 schedule firmly with RV and find out if we are stuck with both money games and if so, why.

Not directed at you , just information for the board.

Also, we currently have 2 away and 1 home OOC for next year scheduled. To get another home game, we are going to have to buy it, because we are so locked in for so long, there is no way to sign a 1 and 1..

So, Harry should ask about 2014 and 2015, as there is the possibility of 5 home game seasons both years.

I think the Tennessee game had been on the backlog for several years and finally had to be put on the schedule so we had to bite the bullet at some point. Hopefully, it is the last 5 game home schedule.

As long as we continue with the one money game per year, we are forced to buy a game every year along with 2 other teams involved in alternating home and home series to get us 2 ooc home games each year.

I hope we start tapping sfa, Lamar, Sam Houston, maybe even Houston baptist when they get a team for our buy games.

If we can ever eliminate the need for the money game, it would open up the ability to add series against a conference like the mwc.

We will have to start selling out apogee before this happens though.