Offensive Coordinators in the stands

BillySee58

With fall camp set to start tomorrow one thing we're all anxious to see is how improved this veteran offense is going to be with Mac and Chico talking about opening up the playbook. Last year we averaged just 20.9 points/game which was good for just 105th in the country. While many of us have confidence in our OC Mike Canales, myself included, there are always plays that we as fans would've called differently.

Heading into this year what are some plays that you would call more this year and would like to see us run? For me I thought the wildcat with Chancellor worked well last year and I'd like to see more of that. I also want to see us run screen plays to Jimmerson, seeing as we scored 3 touchdowns on those plays last year.

If we don't run a play action pass on the first offensive play from scrimmage against Idaho, I may just retreat to the bar in the club level and not check back in until halftime.

Set the F'n tone for the season.

Idaho had a weak secondary last year and is returning just one starter and their line backing crew is brand new as well. We have to throw like crazy all over their back seven.

I just want to see once the diamond formation based backfield with Berglund flanked by Byrd and Pegram with Jimmerson deep behind.. Then run a various power runs, options, screens and play-action out of it.. I love the diamond formation. To make it even more fun, motion Jimmerson pre-snap to the slot on some plays and then add in some fly sweep stuff, play action and straight pass plays. Forces teams to load the box due to foramtion and then use then use Jimmerson's pass catching ability as an advantage on a LB

I just want to see once the diamond formation based backfield with Berglund flanked by Byrd and Pegram with Jimmerson deep behind.. Then run a various power runs, options, screens and play-action out of it.. I love the diamond formation. To make it even more fun, motion Jimmerson pre-snap to the slot on some plays and then add in some fly sweep stuff, play action and straight pass plays. Forces teams to load the box due to foramtion and then use then use Jimmerson's pass catching ability as an advantage on a LB

That sounds pretty cool. I would not be opposed to that in the least.

I seem to remember some direct snaps and wildcat formations that worked with some success last year. If you have great trust in line and rbs it's sometimes just as surprising as throwing on first down without the risk. Just another wrinkle to make lbs think twice before taking a step one way or the other.

I'm drooling.