Flower Mound lineman Chris Miles gets 8 offers in a month

Harry

On May 21, Flower Mound rising senior offensive lineman Chris Miles received his first scholarship offer from the University of Texas-El Paso.

By June 10, he received his eighth (Naval Academy).

Miles, who earned second team all-district honors in 2012 and has been named a Jaguars 2013 team captain, also received offers from Louisiana Tech, the University of North Texas, San Diego State University, the University of Nevada, Texas State University and the University of Pennsylvania, in that order.

I received one offer pretty much immediately after they came to our school and another one month after their visit, Miles explained. It just depends on that schools recruiting process.

Louisiana Tech informed Miles of their offer May 24.

Thirty minutes later, North Texas phoned to do the same.

It was breathtaking, Miles said. That morning I had one scholarship and then within an hour, two times as many offers as I had came in.

Miles plans to sort out the pros and cons of each school with his parents. That plan makes sense considering Miles family has been essential to his development as a person and player.

Read more: http://www.scntx.com/articles/2013/06/14/sports/schools/flower_mound/196.txt

The head football coach at Flower Mound High School is Dane Johnson. He played at Southlake Carroll then at Texas Tech. He helped to coach the little kids baseball team that our grandson played on this Spring. One day I asked him if they had anyone who could play on Saturday. His first response was "No" but then he said "maybe one offensive lineman". That indicates to me that this young man is probably not going to get a lot of offers from Big Twelve type schools but might be a good pick up for some who do not play at that level. I noticed that Nevada was one of the schools that had offered a scholarship. Coach Johnson said that a good friend of his had just taken over as the head football coach there. That might - or might not - be a factor later on.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

No slouch in the classroom either. Rivals show offers from Harvard, Penn and Yale. Really nice get by us.

He has the most reported offers of any of our commits. He has 12 reported offers on the major recruiting websites, including schools like Houston and Nevada. He showed why with his play on the field.

We've got these crazy good skill players, and having guys like Miles blocking should give them time and protection to make plays.

• Upvote 1