Willy Ivery 5'9 185 lb Athlete Sulfur Springs

"Sulphur Springs speedster Willy Ivery received his fifth Division I FBS offer Thursday.

The 5-foot-9, 180-pound athlete was offered by North Texas, he said on Twitter. The Mean Green offer joins offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, Texas State, and Toledo.

Ivery had a big junior year in 2012, accumulating almost 1,600 yards from scrimmage and 29 total touchdowns, including one kickoff return TD."

http://etsn.fm/north-texas-offers-sulphur-springs-willy-ivery/

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Willie-Ivery-120598

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1359189/highlights/30113373

• 3 weeks later...

Some think of him as a wide receiver. He's got decent hands and could be the second coming of Brelan Chancellor (with maybe even better yards after catch). I only remember one downfield catch but he looks capable of becoming an excellent receiver.

Edited by GrayEagle

• 5 months later...

We went to the Sulphur Springs/Denison playoff game Friday night.

This kid lit up the stadium.

Very quick - great vision - elusive - and does not just find holes to run through but creates holes to run through - is a very powerful runner - think a 5'9" Earl Campbell with great quickness and elusiveness.

I don't know if UNT has a chance at the kid or not but, jeez, what a catch if we do.

GMG

We went to the Sulphur Springs/Denison playoff game Friday night.

This kid lit up the stadium.

Very quick - great vision - elusive - and does not just find holes to run through but creates holes to run through - is a very powerful runner - think a 5'9" Earl Campbell with great quickness and elusiveness.

I don't know if UNT has a chance at the kid or not but, jeez, what a catch if we do.

GMG

Brelan part 2?

If somehow we could get Ivery and Goree to go with the verbals from Davis and Adams, I'd totally forget about losing White. Great speed and vision with these four plus Harris and Kidsy. Their threat would make the rushing even better. This is a deep, talented group of receivers in this class.

• Upvote 1

If somehow we could get Ivery and Goree to go with the verbals from Davis and Adams, I'd totally forget about losing White. Great speed and vision with these four plus Harris and Kidsy. Their threat would make the rushing even better. This is a deep, talented group of receivers in this class.

Who said we've lost White?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if we're still going to try and add Jeffrey Wilson, the running back from Elkhart. Playmakers galore from this class.

Unless we can get some outstanding defensive players, I hope so. Although I've changed my mind about Ivery and envision him as more of a Lance Dunbar clone, I'd like to see another speedy quality runner. We'd have a very good stable of running backs with these additions. Both have fantastic high school numbers.

Edited by GrayEagle

Unless we can get some outstanding defensive players, I hope so. Although I've changed my mind about Ivery and envision him as more of a Lance Dunbar clone, I'd like to see another speedy quality runner. We'd have a very good stable of running backs with these additions. Both have fantastic high school number

Dunbar and running back is exactly what I was thinking. We definitely need to add a running back in this class. It will be very interesting to see how they list him on signing day. He could be a guy who does some in the backfield and some at receiver.