5 Televised UNT games!

bdan2002

September 14 vs. Ball State TBA Fox Sports

October 19 at Louisiana Tech* 3:00 p.m. CBS Sports

October 31 vs. Rice* 6:30 p.m. Fox Sports

November 9 vs. UTEP* TBA CSS

November 30 at Tulsa* TBA Fox Sports

The championship will be on Saturday, December 7 and will either be on ESPN or ESPN2

• Upvote 2

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=207574361

DENTON, Texas – Five North Texas football games have been selected to be televised for the upcoming 2013 season as part of the preliminary Conference USA TV package released today. Three North Texas games will be televised nationally on Fox Sports Net while one game will appear on the CBS Sports Network and one on Comcast Sports Southeast (CSS).

Three North Texas home games will be televised starting with the September 14 games against Ball State on Fox Sports Net. The Mean Green host Rice on Halloween night, October 31 at 6:30 p.m. on Fox Sports Net. The matchup against UTEP on November 9 will be shown on CSS.

Two North Texas road games are slated to be shown on national TV starting with the October 19 game at Louisiana Tech. That game will kick-off at 3:00 p.m. and be shown on CBS Sports Network. The North Texas regular-season finale at Tulsa on November 30 will be shown on Fox Sports Net.

The 2013 football season marks the third year of a multi-platform media rights agreement between Conference USA and FOX Sports Media Group broadcasting a minimum of 20 games. This season, FOX Sports 1, FOX’s new national sports cable network launching this August, is scheduled to televise a minimum of 10 regular-season Conference USA football games.

Additional games will again be carried nationally on FOX Sports Networks owned-and-affiliated regional networks, which reach more than 85 million homes, and on FOX College Sports.

CBS Sports Network will nationally carry a minimum of 13 C-USA football games during the 2013 season, including eight conference match-ups. As part of the league’s agreement with CBS Sports Network, 10 games have been sub-licensed for regional broadcast on Comcast Sports Southeast (CSS). All 10 of those games will be league matchups.

The 2013 C-USA Championship game on Saturday, Dec. 7 is scheduled to air on either ESPN or ESPN 2. It marks the ninth straight year that the C-USA Championship will air on ESPN.

Additional games as part of the C-USA television package remain a possibility and games will be released as soon as they are finalized.

North Texas begins its first season in C-USA in 2013 and opens the regular season at home on August 31 against Idaho.

Also , perfect game time for La TEch. Plenty of time to make short road trip on Saturday morning & then head on over to Shreveport afterwards

that is exactly the plan!!! although, we may go friday night as well...just gonna be awesome!!!

I have thought of that, but recorded sports just don't hold much value to me. Especially if I know the outcome. It just loses something

same here...except for horseracing and australian rules football....

• Upvote 1

I have thought of that, but recorded sports just don't hold much value to me. Especially if I know the outcome. It just loses something.

Fair enough. I know I watched that K-State/Dunbar game a billion times over on ESPN3. I'm sure there are people here that still have our NO Bowl appearances recorded. I own a couple of the season highlight DVDs.

• Upvote 2

Heard last night that UNT might actually have six games televised. But, none the less, five is great news. Seeing more benefits of CUSA membership almost weekly.

• Upvote 3

What's promising about this is that the Georgia game will be televised on the SEC network, we'll probably have a few on ESPN3 and TXA will take 2 home games. Wow. Possibly looking at all our games being televised...and not on the Ocho except for a few games. The benefits of CUSA are gigantic. Go Mean Green! Thank god we got out of the Belch. I don't care that many Belt teams followed us, look at all the TV games...I never imagined this many UNT games on...and to think, we were spazzing out over ONE nationally televised game.

We have to win this year. We can burst on the scene BIG.

• Upvote 1

Fair enough. I know I watched that K-State/Dunbar game a billion times over on ESPN3. I'm sure there are people here that still have our NO Bowl appearances recorded. I own a couple of the season highlight DVDs.

I've watched and re-watched the 2011 SBC Tournament final vs. UALR so many times, it's a miracle and a triumph of the human spirit that I haven't killed myself in front of the DVD player.

I've watched and re-watched the 2011 SBC Tournament final vs. UALR so many times, it's a miracle and a triumph of the human spirit that I haven't killed myself in front of the DVD player.

I would prefer to forget moments like that one.

• Upvote 2