A$M 400 Million Dollar Stadium Renovation

Harry

I'm surprised SEC did not let them in because of the condition of that stadium. Between A&M and Baylor...their respective stadiums are CRAP. but i could give a rats ass cause i plan on sitting my HAPPY ASS in APOGEE every home saturday watching the MIGHTY MEAN GREEN KICK MAJOR ASS!!! I am officially taking the attitude of the team, not the fans. KICK MAJOR ASS!!!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

Another example of the senseless spending in collegiate athletes. I thought the Baylor new stadium budget was outrageous.

Frankly, I don't like the mega stadiums; but I do wish NT had the need for one.

With NT's current support I can't imagine a much better stadium than Apogee. If you want to nitpick maybe chair-backs and a referee speaker system that actually worked.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm surprised SEC did not let them in because of the condition of that stadium. Between A&M and Baylor...their respective stadiums are CRAP. but i could give a rats ass cause i plan on sitting my HAPPY ASS in APOGEE every home saturday watching the MIGHTY MEAN GREEN KICK MAJOR ASS!!! I am officially taking the attitude of the team, not the fans. KICK MAJOR ASS!!!

Careful. The last guy who took on the "us vs them" mantra became the scapegoat for a high school coach. And that dude HAD a conference title.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

We will see how great of a fan you will be in 3 more years when you don't have to be here. Because if not for 1 reason, you would not be here.. Most of us here have been around for a very long time, and don't need some bandwaggoner parent with a lame backhanded comment about how we should or should not act.

Dozer, we are not the one's to be turning down fans in any way. who cares how they got here, as long as the ARE here. Shame on your for being so rude. Whats with all the hatred on this board lately? I understand our sports teams arn't at the place we want them to be, but Jeez we're all north texas fans, rooting for the green and white together.

We will see how great of a fan you will be in 3 more years when you don't have to be here. Because if not for 1 reason, you would not be here.. Most of us here have been around for a very long time, and don't need some bandwaggoner parent with a lame backhanded comment about how we should or should not act.

Geezzz Louise. You know, you never can tell who will decide to become a North Texas fan. Give it a rest.

Dozer, we are not the one's to be turning down fans in any way. who cares how they got here, as long as the ARE here. Shame on your for being so rude. Whats with all the hatred on this board lately? I understand our sports teams arn't at the place we want them to be, but Jeez we're all north texas fans, rooting for the green and white together.

Thank you! I can stop typing my very similar response now.

Trussbussdad, just keep posting and put on your cyber rain coat. The feces throwing usually doesn't last long.....at least at one person anyway. I love to hear perspectives from outside our circle of long suffering, and (sometimes) somewhat grouchy, fans/alumni.

Edited by SilverEagle

Silver and Bstn, you are both right, I shot and didn't even ask any questions. My mistake, sorry!

Green Dozer, on 16 Mar 2013 - 11:24, said:snapback.png

Yes...i am here for a reason...the same reason i was on the pee wee sidelines...a jr high stadium...a high school stadium. But I am also here because like the last three mentioned, I have become a MEAN GREEN FAN. No....I am not an alum, not many that where my parent hat are, but we become fans never the less. Whether long a long term fan as most are here, or new comers like myself...we are all MEAN GREEN FANS. AND...not saying my two other boys will play college football, but I certainly have a bias now and as my next in line starts the recruiting process, he will certainly be interested in the MEAN GREEN too....even though he is only a "freshman" fan like his dad.

• Upvote 4

The hardline discussed this when it was first proposed. I don't remember the sellout numbers they had but it was kinda underwhelming. This is really just a penis measuring Johnny football motivated move.

That being said, it'd sure be nice to be in those shoes.

Got the information from a local alum about the renovations. They are renovating the grandstand and pressbox side. The grandstand was built in 1929(?) and it shows. It will take 3 years to do the whole renovation but should be worth it.

Drove by the campus 3/16/13 and atm is renovating their golf course as well. Many wanted a new stadium on that site but that was rejected.

I don't follow atm but it isn't like Kyle Field is like a refreshed Fouts Field.

I don't follow atm but it isn't like Kyle Field is like a refreshed Fouts Field.

The lower horseshoe was constructed in 1929. The second deck was added in the 50's and 60's. The existing Pressbox and Third decks were added in 1980. The North Endzone was built in 1999.

In regards to the comments about SEC letting ATM in with Kyle in its present condition..... One only has to visite Denny-Bryant and Death Valley to see that the old school SEC stadiums are in no better condition. They basically old stadiums with LOTS of additions.

Edited by DT 90
  • Upvote 1