Nice opportunity for NT softball

untcampbell

Luna threw a no-hitter in UT's season opener, and is an all-american pitcher.

NT plays much better than their first game against #9 UT...gets close in a 5-4 loss. The freshmen grew up a little in this tournament, and Kirk, save one inning, pitches well as the ace of the staff.

NT gets on Luna for 2 in the first, but leaves the bases loaded. Had two on the in the fourth and didn't score. Both opportunities with one out. NT had a base runner in the 7th also, but couldn't bring her home. Great learning experience, and NT always loads its schedule against top competition.

Good season ahead, and a nice 3-2 record to start the season.

Lovelace Stadium is a fun atmosphere to watch a ballgame and the ladies give a great effort while obviously having fun.

NT is at home against Oklahoma State and Nebraska-Omaha Feb 15 and Iowa and Dayton Feb 16....come see them play if you get a chance.

GMG

defeats Memphis, 9-1, in five innings

This is one of several reasons that I have difficulty watching softball. The biggest reasons usually being the slap hit and the all of 30 feet distance to the outfield field, rendering the game more pinball than bat and ball base running.

I used to take my daughter to softball games in the interest of gender fairness, but she really, really disliked it (she does like the girls' basketball games). She asked me not too long ago why girls are stuck with softball in an era where they're growing up as athletic as the boys. Why shouldn't there be girls' baseball, she asks. I couldn't give her a straight answer.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1