All last nights "championship" game proved....

trussbussdad

The only thing last nights "championship" game proved is how bad the NCAA needs a playoff system of minimum 8 teams.

Go on and get your 6 super conferences set with two mid-major. Each conference winner goes to the playoff system. Division winners that do not win conferences, then the best teams with a "power" ranking make up the remaining bowls.

Edited by trussbussdad
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I like an eight-team playoff system to start with and about 20 bowls. Bowls should not be tied to a conference but let each bowl compete for its contestants. I picked the 20 bowls because after 16 playoff teams there are about 40-45 teams that have at least a 7-5 record left. That should include all conference champions and runnersup. A 6-6 team would be considered only if there were no 7-5+ teams available.

I say let each bowl compete for contestants for at least two reasons. After a minimum guarantee of 'x' dollars bowls could then bid on the payout within their capabilities. The second reason is that it will reduce or eliminate fans having to travel to the same bowl year after year causing shrinking attendance each year. New blood=more interest.

No. No. No. No.

THEY WERE 11-2!!! Even if you had an 8 team playoff they wouldn't have been in it.

I think we can all agree that the winner of the SEC should automatically be awarded a NC Trophy. Also whoever wins the BCS NC Game should be awarded a NC Trophy. Also whoever may have happened to defeat either the winner of the SEC or the winner of the BCS NC Game during the season should also be awarded a NC Trophy.

Its the only fair way to do it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

All last nights game proved is that Texas A & M is the real NCAA N.C.

16 team play-off, anyone?

And please, get the NCAA FBS level university presidents out of the NCAA conducting of business aspects, They are screwing up what used to be a pretty good product.

GMG!

What sold you on that? Was it their victory over South Carolina State? Sam Houston State? SMU? LaTech, that only could beat the likes of UTSA, TxState, NMSU, and Idaho in the WAC, but gave A&M all they could handle?

Easy now Horn fan.

:huh:

I'm a North Texas fan, thank you. Which is not exactly a glamorous title. But it's where I CHOSE to go to school. It wasn't a backup plan. It's where my money goes. It's where my heart lies.

I find it strange our alleged super fans are posting topic after topic fawning over the Aggies, but hey, maybe that's just the Mean Green in me.

• Upvote 7

I'm a North Texas fan, thank you. Which is not exactly a glamorous title. But it's where I CHOSE to go to school. It wasn't a backup plan. It's where my money goes. It's where my heart lies.

I find it strange our alleged super fans are posting topic after topic fawning over the Aggies, but hey, maybe that's just the Mean Green in me.

Thank you.

• Upvote 2

Agreed. Too many GMG posters have boners for TCU & now A&M, I don't get it.

• Upvote 1

Just love all the SEC is - rabid fan bases, football is religion, pure rivalry hate, a conference that acts as one without every member looking to leave. I was the only bama fan at the party last night. I like high standards and SEC basically states - raise your game Oregon, Stanford, Notre Dame, K-State...

No football prowess redistribution here!

GMG

Just love all the SEC is - rabid fan bases, football is religion, pure rivalry hate, a conference that acts as one without every member looking to leave. I was the only bama fan at the party last night. I like high standards and SEC basically states - raise your game Oregon, Stanford, Notre Dame, K-State...

No football prowess redistribution here!

GMG

This is a great article on the SEC - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130108/alabama-notre-bcs-title-sec-domination/?sct=uk_t11_a5