Let the chess game begin

trussbussdad

Gruden talk to Arkansas and / or Tennessee

Price leaves UTEP

Holmgreen talking to Jerry

only the beginning

Jerry Jones "would" be talking to someone like Holmgreen. And I'm being sarcastic. Jerry needs to hire someone like a Sean Payton and then just get the hell out of the way. Sumb!itch made a Houston Texan fan out of me!!!

• Upvote 2

Jerry Jones "would" be talking to someone like Holmgreen. And I'm being sarcastic. Jerry needs to hire someone like a Sean Payton and then just get the hell out of the way. Sumb!itch made a Houston Texan fan out of me!!!

He's been told that in no uncertain terms by every knowledgeable pundit in pro football.....and yet he (and his huge ego) refuses to step aside. What needs to happen is for him to get turned down by several respected head coaches (and they say so publicly) AND more people like you (make that LOTS more people) make it clear that they will no longer be Cowboy fans as long as he is GM.

deep green..Jerry made me a Green Bay fan. Honestly, I bet I have not watched half dozen cowboy games since he took over. I would rather watch a 4th grade pee week game...at least they care.

I don't think there's any question he cares... he's just not good at running FB operations.

The problem is not with Jerry the owner. He's one of the best. The problem is with Jerry the GM. He's one of the worst.

After the game this weekend, he said that Doug Free's performance was "Stellar". What game was he watching?!?

Lance has to be thinking, "Wow! this is just like UNT. Pressure is coming every down and my O-Line can't block it." (That has changed this season for the Mean Green, thankfully)

• Upvote 1

regarding conference realignment....wish they would go ahead and get in a room with the D1 schools and make their 4 super conferences that they ultimately want...then let the rest of us go into regional conferences. Then you pave the way for a legitimate playoff system with the conference winners and the 2nd and 3rd place teams go for the other bowl games.

Billy...dont think Tennessee fans will go for Taggart....they need a "name"...thus Gruden is in the mix and i am sure other big names will put on the list.

I'd be surprised if Gruden is interested. He'd just have to say the word, and he'd have an NFL head coaching job. Mentioning Gruden as a candidate for a college coaching job is like mentioning Cowher or Dungy . . . it would be nice, but it's not going to happen.

As a lifelong Tennessee fan, I have no idea what will happen. The fan base is going crazy clamoring for Gruden, and I would like that as well.

My darkhorse candidate is Willie Taggart from WKU. Not the name the UT faithful want to hear but the guy can flat out recruit and he isn't a bad coach either.

Billy, Taggart would be interesting as he has done an awesome job. What if the Vols went the La Tech route again and tried to get Sonny Dykes?

NO....to high school.

regarding Sonny Dykes to Tennessee...I think it would be a good hire...maybe a great hire, but I do not think the supporters would go for it....not a big enough name. They will have to get a big name with big $$$'s to satisfy the appetite at Tenn. with some skin on the wall.