Those Uniforms Posted in the Gallery are Sweet!

Mean Green 93-98

for better resolution images of the proposed football uniforms please click on this flickr link.

http://www.flickr.co...N03/8215228472/

I have included two new home options.

remember..."think North Carolina in green" for the marketing everything! no North Carolina baseball cap has UNC on it...it has...an interlocked NC.

- where you see an interlocking NC replace with interlocking NT

- where you see a tar heel logo or tar heel written out replace with a "mean green" logo, "eagle" logo or MEAN GREEN written out

- where you see North Carolina written out replace with North Texas

- where you see UNC written replace with UNT

- where you see NC ram mascot replace with NT eagle

we can still use/brand our special font or whatever throughout our jerseys, end zones you name it...just thought this one looked cool too!

thanks

3XL

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

These uniforms are awesome, but if we do use something like this, it will be just like any other uniform of recent memory here, love them at first and then hate them when we start losing in them.

Who here has ever loved our uniforms? Very few have. The biggest change to these mockups is the helmet change, which 95% of our fanbase agrees needs to happen.

• Upvote 1

The University is really big on branding, right now. They love the UNT, SOW, and "A green light to greatness" marks. The athletic department, on the other hand, is sticking with the "North Texas" on the helmet and won't change, unless forced to by the University. Jackson has nothing to do with it. It is a battle between our high-level administrators and the athletic department (mainly RV). If they change, I would imagine that they would change to either "UNT", "UNT" with the SOW, or just the SOW. They would have to rebrand to consider the interlocking NT and they won't do this at this juncture.

SOW is "Son of Worm" for a reason....it's a weaker mark...that will not stand the test of time.

that is why SOW is no where near these proposed new uni's.

We need a bigger classic collegiate mark...interlocked NT and not the "screaming chicken."

3XL

SOW is "Son of Worm" for a reason...it chronologically came later than the Flying Worm. The nick name of the design has nothing to do with the strength of the mark.

We've had three different versions of interlocking NTs that also found their way onto helmets, none of which stood the test of time.

I'm not against the interlocking NTs, for the record. My favorite use of it (and helmet overall) was on the helmet we had while I was at NTSU/UNT in the 80's. it would be cool to see what a modern day take on that design would look like with SOW with an interlocking NT on it.

SOW is "Son of Worm" for a reason....it's a weaker mark...that will not stand the test of time.

that is why SOW is no where near these proposed new uni's.

We need a bigger classic collegiate mark...interlocked NT and not the "screaming chicken."

3XL

I'm sorry, but I think you're dead wrong about the SOW. Everyone loves the logo and it should be on our jerseys. Replace the Texas logo with the SOW on the sleeves.

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 4

If we were still the Eagles I would be OK with SOW, but since we have rebranded as the Mean Green (which I think was the right move) it only adds to the confusion.

Same goes for "UNT", which the Ath Dept seems to be distancing from for "North Texas" which I also prefer.

If we were going with a worm graphic on the helmets, the flying worm would have been a better alternative because it is more conceptual and less Judas Priest, hit you in the face with a bird...but that isnt going to happen unless it is on a throw back.

So the way I see it, our helmet options are

1) stay North Texas (I have never liked it on the lid, in Tnfact I dont know anyone who has ever liked it)

2) go with numbers only or nothing at all (super cool but I doubt we have the stones to do it)

3) write Mean Green (better than North Texas, but not much)

4) Interlocking NT (Classic and timeless)

5) something really crazy that enforces "Mean Green" like big ass evil monster eyes on either side of the helmet...which might be cool, def not traditional and very World Football League.

But my money is we stay with option #1 and I continue to search for branded merchandise that doesnt suck, which I find really difficult.

if we did a "true" traditional football uniform

ala Alabama, Penn State but in green...that would be pretty cool! heck even "Texas Southern" had much cooler and traditional uni's than NT earlier in the season. Simply remove the "horn" stripes, shinny pants and North Texas from helmet. Helmet would be solid green and have one white stripe, with grey face mask.

the newly proposed interlocked NT uni's would tie in both the

1) traditional (older demographic)

with

2) new (younger generation & recruits)

we need to "add" the interlocked NT to our exsisting official school marks and watch the merchandise sales increase.

either way..."we need to change the football uniform paradigm" & think bigger!

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 3

ala Alabama, Penn State but in green...that would be great! heck even "Texas Southern" had much cooler traditional uni's than NT earlier in the season. Simply remove the "horn" stripes, shinny pants and North Texas from helmet. Helmet would be solid green and have one white stripe with grey face mask.

with

Again, I couldn't agree more.

Rick

• Upvote 2

ala Alabama, Penn State but in green...that would be great! heck even "Texas Southern" had much cooler traditional uni's than NT earlier in the season. Simply remove the "horn" stripes, shinny pants and North Texas from helmet. Helmet would be solid green and have one white stripe with grey face mask.

with

Like FFR, I couldn't agree more. The BOLD interlocking NT not only continues a uni tradition where it has appeared at least two other times on the helmet, but it also represents one of the longest and probably only constant amongst all North Texas students and graduates of North Texas. And that is how we refer to our school. Whenever anyone has asked ANY student and/or alumni where they are going to school, or where they went to school, the answer is always the same.......NORTH TEXAS.

The interlocking NT represents that tradition/constant very nicely, clearly.....and BOLDLY.

• Upvote 1

Like FFR, I couldn't agree more. The BOLD interlocking NT not only continues a uni tradition where it has appeared at least two other times on the helmet, but it also represents one of the longest and probably only constant amongst all North Texas students and graduates of North Texas. And that is how we refer to our school. Whenever anyone has asked ANY student and/or alumni where they are going to school, or where they went to school, the answer is always the same.......NORTH TEXAS.

The interlocking NT represents that tradition/constant very nicely, clearly.....and BOLDLY.

I say UNT because when you say North Texas most people think of the region, not the school. I see what you're saying though.