Misery Loves Company

shaft

You make it sound like Houston was entirely responsible. Heck, I could say North Texas did the same in the Sun Belt and it is probably a stronger football conference overall this year.

UNT didn't join until 2000 and by then, the Sun Belt was already established. Plus UNT isn't a charter member, so no.

Edited by Cougar King

the Sun Belt and it is probably a stronger football conference overall this year.

I actually agree w/ this.

I was going to post this in another thread but did not want to open a can of worms.

Besides LaTech and Tulsa- will the competition next year really be that much tougher? I'm not sure.

(this is probably a good thing for UNT that the competition isn't at CUSA standards right now)

• Upvote 1

Learn your history. On the CUSA charter, Houston is listed as one of the founding members. When we were left out of The Big 12, instead of crying and blaming others. We rallied around the other "rejects" and "misfits" and CUSA was born.

Hey, by this time next year, you will have Wisconsin's history down pat, also, right?

Seriously dude, do you not have a life? I know you can't get a date, but coming on here, a place where you are clearly not wanted and have no connection, and spewing crap like you do kinda makes me feel sorry for you . Go outside. Try and exercise a little. Lose some of that gut, and maybe a female will find you attractive and you won't have to seek attention from people on the internet.

Hey, by this time next year, you will have Wisconsin's history down pat, also, right?

Seriously dude, do you not have a life? I know you can't get a date, but coming on here, a place where you are clearly not wanted and have no connection, and spewing crap like you do kinda makes me feel sorry for you . Go outside. Try and exercise a little. Lose some of that gut, and maybe a female will find you attractive and you won't have to seek attention from people on the internet.

When one has nothing intelligent to say, they always result to insults as you are doing now for example. Everything I have said today have all been backed up by facts, not opinion. Many of you on the other hand, unable to dispute or debate, try to bring up my personal life mixed in with childish insults. It's a shame really. Since you want to know about my fitness habits, I actually don't have much body fat and am quite active in the weight room.

• Downvote 2

When one has nothing intelligent to say, they always result to insults as you are doing now for example. Everything I have said today have all been backed up by facts, not opinion. Many of you on the other hand, unable to dispute or debate, try to bring up my personal life mixed in with childish insults. It's a shame really. Since you want to know about my fitness habits, I actually don't have much body fat and am quite active in the weight room.

I'm sure you're a nice dude in person but why you're here is a mystery to all of us at this point. I don't understand how you get the time to go to other schools' message board to "terrorize" them. If you want to post on here then that is fine but bear in mind what board it is and who the audience it is. It's not rocket science to figure that out.

I'm sure you're a nice dude in person but why you're here is a mystery to all of us at this point. I don't understand how you get the time to go to other schools' message board to "terrorize" them. If you want to post on here then that is fine but bear in mind what board it is and who the audience it is. It's not rocket science to figure that out.

He's a former UNT student like most of the rest of us, right? If I remember right, he was relatively civil until a bunch of folks here went off on him. I think we created a monster. If folks are holding the fact that he rags on our team and players against him, you've got a lot of other folks on this board you should include on that list.

Am I wrong? If so, my apologies.

He's a former UNT student like most of the rest of us, right? If I remember right, he was relatively civil until a bunch of folks here went off on him. I think we created a monster. If folks are holding the fact that he rags on our team and players against him, you've got a lot of other folks on this board you should include on that list.

Played a lot of teams this year, yet this is the only fan from any of them that is still not only hanging around, but posting on a regular basis. Not even conference opponents who regularly post here (and nicely, by the way) have posted less than this dbag who always takes shots at UNT and overinflated a team that no one on here gives 2 S$&@s about.

Definitely needs to get laid,, although I doubt that's an option.

Played a lot of teams this year, yet this is the only fan from any of them that is still not only hanging around, but posting on a regular basis. Not even conference opponents who regularly post here (and nicely, by the way) have posted less than this dbag who always takes shots at UNT and overinflated a team that no one on here gives 2 S$&@s about.

Definitely needs to get laid,, although I doubt that's an option.

Again, what makes this "dbag" different from your average poster from another school is that this one actually went to school at UNT.

Again, what makes this "dbag" different from your average poster from another school is that this one actually went to school at UNT.

I went to Kroger recently. I won't be changing my avatar and extolling the virtues of their produce section on a NT message board though.

And I don't doubt he's "quite active in the weight room". Now tell him to be a little more active...somebody is sweating and needs a towel!!

He acts like a dumbass on every teams website.

First of all, second-hand transfers don't count. You couldn't recruit these guys out HS or JUCO and they are transfers for a reason.

Now let's go down the list you gave me.

Feldt- As I recall, Mac said he was lazy and hasn't done a thing all season.

Trice- Got clocked by Piland and burnt by Greenberry and our other Freshman and Sophomore receivers. I also recall him getting manhandled by other teams as well.

Terrell- Jury is still out since he couldn't play due to transfer rule

Surely, you guys have a better argument for me. I questioned why the OP assumes we're miserable other than having an abortion of a season. Still, nobody has given me a valid answer. One thing is certain though, no matter how many times people have tried to discredit us or pull us down. We worked for everything we have and are making steps towards. In the unlikely event that the Big East collapses, we will make our own conference AGAIN that you guys will end up wanting to join.

I could care less how they get here, Tony Mitchell is rated higher than any recruit Houston has ever got in any sport. Do not care how he arrived as long as he did arrive.

I honestly and truly don't know his history and frankly don't care too. If he is a former student that transferred then more power to him. I do know he's a Houston Cougar fan and that is all well and good but he acts like a dbag.

I could care less how they get here, Tony Mitchell is rated higher than any recruit Houston has ever got in any sport. Do not care how he arrived as long as he did arrive.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/73058/tony-mitchell

Scout Grade

8 POSITION NR REGIONAL NR STATE

24th

rn-100_med.png

^^^^ is 4*s

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/113689/danuel-house

Scout Grade

6 POSITION 5 REGIONAL 5 STATE

19th

rn-100_med.png

^^^^^ is 5*s

so one star higher, 2 position rankings better, ranked in regional and state, and 5 positions better in the ESPN 100. and 2 points higher in the scouting grade

so much for that discussion

I am pretty sure that many members of Phi Slamma Jamma, several NBA hall of famers, Carl Lewis, a Heisman Trophy winner, several multi-PGA event winners, and numerous NFL stars would also be glad to compare their accomplishments and probably even their "recruiting ranking" from way back when they were in high school as well.....we won't bring up the sore spot of baseball....

but even if you want to just stick to high school recruiting rankings there is an example already from just last year where UH signed a higher ranked player than north Texas did and in basketball even

• Downvote 2

Does anyone else enjoy the irony of a thread titled Misery Loves Company is hijacked by Cougking and GL2greatness.

I would put it well below the irony of of a thread on a message board for a team that has not had a winning season in nearly a decade and that has a single NCAA bowl win in their history pointing out the "downfall" of teams that played in a won a bowl game last year and that have won more bowl games in the last few years than another program has won in their history (UH and SMU) or a team that is probably going to win more games this year than the last three years combined for north Texas (La Tech)

but other than that carry on!

• Downvote 5

I would put it well below the irony of of a thread on a message board for a team that has not had a winning season in nearly a decade and that has a single NCAA bowl win in their history pointing out the "downfall" of teams that played in a won a bowl game last year and that have won more bowl games in the last few years than another program has won in their history (UH and SMU) or a team that is probably going to win more games this year than the last three years combined for north Texas (La Tech)

but other than that carry on!

Thanks "Check Facts." By the way, why did you change your screen name?

All 11 of our offensive starters will be returning next year. (not sure how many defensively but my guess 4-8). We will be back with a vengeance. This season is disapponting but we still spanked UNT.

If he felt that dumb, he wouldn't e staying. He only tweeted because there were rumors going around and he confirmed they were false. Let me know when your team (football or basketball) gets a 4 or 5 star guy.

Let me know when you have a Tony Mitchell

http://espn.go.com/c...8/tony-mitchell

Scout Grade

8 POSITION NR REGIONAL NR STATE

24th

rn-100_med.png

^^^^ is 4*s

http://espn.go.com/c...89/danuel-house

Scout Grade

6 POSITION 5 REGIONAL 5 STATE

19th

rn-100_med.png

^^^^^ is 5*s

so one star higher, 2 position rankings better, ranked in regional and state, and 5 positions better in the ESPN 100. and 2 points higher in the scouting grade

so much for that discussion

I am pretty sure that many members of Phi Slamma Jamma, several NBA hall of famers, Carl Lewis, a Heisman Trophy winner, several multi-PGA event winners, and numerous NFL stars would also be glad to compare their accomplishments and probably even their "recruiting ranking" from way back when they were in high school as well.....we won't bring up the sore spot of baseball....

but even if you want to just stick to high school recruiting rankings there is an example already from just last year where UH signed a higher ranked player than north Texas did and in basketball even

Of course you pick the only service that rated your bum above Mitchell. Scout and Rivals both rated Mitchell higher. If you take an average of the three, Mitchell is (24+18+12) = 18, House is a (19+20+31) = 23+, so you are wrong...again....And now ESPN says Mitchell is a preseason All-American and top 10 draft pick in his Sophomore season, House will never be. By the way please find one of your great NFL stars and compare them to the accomplishments of Joe Greene or even Brian Waters for that matter.