Misery Loves Company

shaft

Yeah, we lost and ended any hope of a bowl this season but look who else put their season on the line.

Marshall beats Houston, ends U of H's shot at a bowl.

Rice betas SMU, SMU's bowl hopes are on the line against Tulsa next week.

Utah State upsets LA Tech, cost LA Tech the WAC title.

Edited by shaft
  • Upvote 1

Your point? Our 5 star freshman receiver who had a monster game today, just tweeted that he's a coog for the long haul. Our top qb commit has Wisconsin drooling over him but he still plans on playing for us (For now at least...) our recruiting class is solid and so on. We're still headed to a better conference and getting a beautiful 40-45k seat stadium built. Other than a disappointing season, life's still good for us.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 16

Your point? Our 5 star freshman receiver who had a monster game today, just tweeted that he's a coog for the long haul. Our top qb commit ha Wiconsin drooling over him but he still plans on playing for us and so on. We're still headed to a better conference and getting a beautiful 40-45k seat stadium built. Other than a disappointing season, life's still good for us.

Not so sure Big East is that much better a conference in a couple of years. Your QB can tweet whatever he wants but until they're signed on signing day anything can happen.

• Upvote 1

Your point? Our 5 star freshman receiver who had a monster game today, just tweeted that he's a coog for the long haul. Our top qb commit has Wisconsin drooling over him but he still plans on playing for us (For now at least...) our recruiting class is solid and so on. We're still headed to a better conference and getting a beautiful 40-45k seat stadium built. Other than a disappointing season, life's still good for us.

I bet that freshman receiver feels like a real dumbass for not choosing ND, the fact that he has to tweet that he is staying at a school he is already enrolled at shows just how disappointed he is by the situation.

And SMU's loss (along with Tulsa's win) guarantees they're out of the CUSA title game hunt. Now they have to beat Tulsa next week (not gonna happen) to be bowl eligible.

And before anyone goes waving their pom poms for the Big East remember that they've pretty much been kicked out of the grown up table...

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2012/7/6/3140900/bcs-playoff-access-aq-mid-majors

And more defections seem imminent...

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8644587

Gee, I wonder what losing that NJ/NY market would do to the TV contract.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

No bowl for you. What don't you understand?

All 11 of our offensive starters will be returning next year. (not sure how many defensively but my guess 4-8). We will be back with a vengeance. This season is disapponting but we still spanked UNT.

I bet that freshman receiver feels like a real dumbass for not choosing ND, the fact that he has to tweet that he is staying at a school he is already enrolled at shows just how disappointed he is by the situation.

If he felt that dumb, he wouldn't e staying. He only tweeted because there were rumors going around and he confirmed they were false. Let me know when your team (football or basketball) gets a 4 or 5 star guy.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 4

Greenberry was foolish for not choosing Notre Dame and choosing to play in a program that will lose more games than he wins. Who knows the real story there though. Maybe Kelly evaluated him and thought he wasn't good enough to play at ND. I was not impressed with what I saw from him, other than there appears to be quite a bit of potential there. The long overdue stadium is a good step for UH; too bad they have to place it in such a horrible location and a bad neighborhood. That area does not give anyone a cozy feeling and oozes "ghetto". Hopefully they can dress it up to hide the disgusting neighborhood it will be located in.

• Upvote 1

All 11 of our offensive starters will be returning next year. (not sure how many defensively but my guess 4-8). We will be back with a vengeance. This season is disapponting but we still spanked UNT.

If he felt that dumb, he wouldn't e staying. He only tweeted because there were rumors going around and he confirmed they were false. Let me know when your team (football or basketball) gets a 4 or 5 star guy.

Look No farther than this year's roster. No. 13, Tony Mitchell.

• Upvote 1

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Darius-Terrell-70575

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Cam-Feldt-84716

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marcus-Trice-81769

There you go retard

Please go away and pollute your own board.....Go Mean Green...geez.....some damn people..

• Upvote 1

Greenberry was foolish for not choosing Notre Dame and choosing to play in a program that will lose more games than he wins. Who knows the real story there though. Maybe Kelly evaluated him and thought he wasn't good enough to play at ND. I was not impressed with what I saw from him, other than there appears to be quite a bit of potential there. The long overdue stadium is a good step for UH; too bad they have to place it in such a horrible location and a bad neighborhood. That area does not give anyone a cozy feeling and oozes "ghetto". Hopefully they can dress it up to hide the disgusting neighborhood it will be located in.

That's funny, considering we still get 28-31,000 on average in our dump of a stadium (as much as I love it) despite being in Third Ward and instead of hiding or complaining, we work with what we got. Yet, you guys have a brand new stadium in an excellent location but most of the time can't break 20k. About Greenberry, the guys at ND loved him and were waiting on his LOI. If the staff and ND fans thought he wasn't good enough, then they wouldn't have had the catastrophic meltdown on all of their boards.

First of all, second-hand transfers don't count. You couldn't recruit these guys out HS or JUCO and they are transfers for a reason.

Now let's go down the list you gave me.

Feldt- As I recall, Mac said he was lazy and hasn't done a thing all season.

Trice- Got clocked by Piland and burnt by Greenberry and our other Freshman and Sophomore receivers. I also recall him getting manhandled by other teams as well.

Terrell- Jury is still out since he couldn't play due to transfer rule

Surely, you guys have a better argument for me. I questioned why the OP assumes we're miserable other than having an abortion of a season. Still, nobody has given me a valid answer. One thing is certain though, no matter how many times people have tried to discredit us or pull us down. We worked for everything we have and are making steps towards. In the unlikely event that the Big East collapses, we will make our own conference AGAIN that you guys will end up wanting to join.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

That's funny, considering we still get 28-31,000 on average in our dump of a stadium (as much as I love it) despite being Third Ward. Yet, you guys have a brand new stadium in an excellent location but most of the time can't break 20k. About Greenberry, the guys at ND loved him and were waiting on his LOI. If the stadd and ND thought he wasn't good enough, then they wouldn't have had the catastrophic meltdown on all of their boards.

Are you the official counter for SMU attendance?

Never fear, Queen, if your QB recruit picks Wisconsin, you can always transfer there and continue your tour of college foottball Dbag fandom, regularly returning to the Houston board to tell them how much they suck and how Wisconsin draws 200k per game.

That seems like a natural progression for you..

• Upvote 1

It's amazing to watch this team play and try to consider the LSU and K State games. Talk about inconsistency! Is this what happens with a young team?

A young team that might have skilled players, but not enough of them. I saw a lack of depth at our better positions where one or two guys have the abilities and play really well, but injuries kick in or they can't run the whole game at 100%, so the team suffers for it.

It's that and we have a few positions that are lacking skill in general, some of that is youth and some of that appears to be lack of will.

I hope that gets fixed going into CUSA.

Also, CougarKing is a tool.

It's like, "Bro, so you have a better team. That's nice, but you go on about it like you're a scholly player, and you aren't. I get it, be proud of your team, it's doing pretty well, but don't be a tier-1 douchebag about it because odds are, you're probably just as hacked about people beating their chests like they're putting in work at the weight room, doing drills, and suiting up on Saturday. Calm that mess down, son. You're going from fan into full-throttle stupid."

Are you the official counter for SMU attendance?

Never fear, Queen, if your QB recruit picks Wisconsin, you can always transfer there and continue your tour of college foottball Dbag fandom, regularly returning to the Houston board to tell them how much they suck and how Wisconsin draws 200k per game.

That seems like a natural progression for you..

You can try to hold transferring from UNT against me all you want, but I'm a Coog for good. If you look at my recent posting history, I have not been hostile since the end of last month. Hell, I've hardly been on here aside from making a comment or two here or there. The OP fired the first shot and I came in to defend my school and list reasons and fact on why we aren't miserable.

• Downvote 3

Opinions don't equal facts. Please stay in SE Texas. The Big East looks like it will lose Maryland and Rutgers leaving you with an even greater bag of nothing. Good luck and good riddance. Too bad a good Houston fan doesn't come on here and discuss football. I know many and you aren't one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Opinions don't equal facts. Please stay in SE Texas. The Big East looks like it will lose Maryland and Rutgers leaving you with an even greater bag of nothing. Good luck and good riddance. Too bad a good Houston fan doesn't come on here and discuss football. I know many and you aren't one.

We were left with a big bag of nothing before and created C-USA. Just sayin.

Houston didn't create CUSA. Have fun travelling with SMU. You deserve each other.

Learn your history. On the CUSA charter, Houston is listed as one of the founding members. When we were left out of The Big 12, instead of crying and blaming others. We rallied around the other "rejects" and "misfits" and CUSA was born.

The Big East is not losing Maryland, considering Maryland is a ACC school.

• Upvote 1