GMG Marijuana Poll

Yes, they already exist. But, that's not the point.

The point is, now you will drunk drivers and more stoned drivers on the road.

Or, not. Thankfully, someone in the Obama adminstration has a brain and they've promised to quash it with the federal laws already on book about marijuana.

Do you honestly believe that legalizing marijuana will lead to a large increase in the use of marijuana?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Do you honestly believe that legalizing marijuana will lead to a large increase in the use of marijuana?

I know, it's crazy, right? You put something in a store where more people can get to it and more people buy it. Capitalism is nuts that way.

Can you believe Pepsi and Coke won't sell through dealers on street corners and in flophouses because they can put their product on store shelves? Crazy. Just crazy.

Anyway, it'll be a moot point as soon as the Obama Adminstration reminds Colorado and Washington about what exactly the 10th Amendment will and will not allow the States to do.

The Baked Brain Cell Faction will have to come to grips with the fact that even their liberal president understands the 10th Amendment and how it relates to their futile efforts to make blazing up legal.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If legalization increases use, then therefore we can conclude that those people were respectful/wise enough of the laws to avoid it before. Therefore, you can also conclude that those same people would be respectful/wise enough of the law to also avoid use while operating a motor vehicle.

• Upvote 4

If legalization increases use, then therefore we can conclude that those people were respectful/wise enough of the laws to avoid it before. Therefore, you can also conclude that those same people would be respectful/wise enough of the law to also avoid use while operating a motor vehicle.

Yes, just ask any police officer...respect and wisdom is the hallmark of drug users. Ditto for people out at bars getting drunk.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The only positive I see from this proposition would be the weakening of the Mexican cartels and street gangs.

BUT, it has become so easy to get the stuff, that I bet they drop their prices a ton (making it significantly cheaper than the taxed, legal kind) to keep their product moving and keep money coming in.

No, it won't. They deal cocaine and meth as well. Even IF pot is legalized, they will find a way to make their's stronger, and compete with the "legal" market.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1

Yes, just ask any police officer...respect and wisdom is the hallmark of drug users. Ditto for people out at bars getting drunk.

Wrong again. I occasionally have too much to drink, but always sober up before I ever drive home. And I would toke up, but also would avoid the car afterwards.

• Upvote 1

No, it won't. They deal cocaine and meth as well. Even IF pot is legalized, they will find a way to make their's stronger, and compete with the "legal" market.

That's silly. The cartels might focus more on harder drugs, or turn to some other illicit activity, but if people can grow their own bud, they'll grow it as weak or as strong as they desire.

Edited by Coffee and TV

That is a pretty weak rationalization.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It'll be good to add stoned drivers on the roadway with the drunks. I'm for anything that makes the roads safer.

A 2001 study evaluating the impact of marijuana intoxication on driving proficiency on city streets among sixteen subjects reported essentially no differences in subjects' driving performance after cannabis administration, concluding: "Performance as rated on the Driving Proficiency Scale did not differ between treatments. It was concluded that the effects of low doses of THC ... on higher-level driving skills as measured in the present study are minimal."

Similarly, a 1993 trial funded by the United States National Highway Traffic Association (NTHSA) evaluated subjects' driving performance after cannabis inhalation in high-density urban traffic. Investigators reported, "Marijuana ... did not significantly change mean driving performance."

• Upvote 6

When Phillip Morris comes out of the gate, they will crush their competition. There are already patented products in place.

I just hope they don't add a bunch of crap that makes it more addictive and cancer causing. Either way I am buying cheetos stocks.

Pepsico really appreciates you, you will be investing in Lays and Doritos among others. (NYSE: PEP)

You should also look into YUM! Foods, KFC and Taco Bell really look to benefit also. NYSE: YUM (edit)

Edited by hickoryhouse

"Computer Anti-Virus Guru And Dope Head John McAfee Wanted For Murder"

http://m.gizmodo.com/5959812/john-mcafee-wanted-for-murder

..."Since our piece ran on last week, several readers have come forward with additional information that sheds light on the change in McAfee's behavior. In July of 2010, shortly before Allison Adonizio pulled the plug on their quorum-sensing project and fled the country, McAfee began posting on a drug-focused Russian-hosted message board called Bluelight about his attempts to purify the psychoactive compounds colloquially known as "bath salts."

Writing under the name "stuffmonger," a handle he has used on other online message boards, McAfee posted more than 200 times over the next nine months about his ongoing quest to purify psychoactive drugs from compounds commercially available over the internet. "I'm a huge fan of MDPV," he wrote. "I think it's the finest drug ever conceived, not just for the indescribable hypersexuality, but also for the smooth euphoria and mild comedown."

Elsewhere, he described his pursuit of "super perv powder" and warned about the dangers of handling the freebase version of the drug: "I had visual and auditory hallucinations and the worst paranoia of my life." He recommended that the most effective way to take a dose is via rectal insertion, a procedure known as "plugging," writing: "Measure your dose, apply a small amount of saliva to just the tip of your middle finger, press it against the dose, insert. Doesn't really hurt as much as it sounds. We're in an arena (drugs/libido) that I navigate as well as anyone on the planet here. If you take my advice about this (may sound gross to some of you perhaps), you will be well rewarded...."

And there you go.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

"Computer Anti-Virus Guru And Dope Head John McAfee Wanted For Murder"

http://m.gizmodo.com/5959812/john-mcafee-wanted-for-murder

..."Since our piece ran on last week, several readers have come forward with additional information that sheds light on the change in McAfee's behavior. In July of 2010, shortly before Allison Adonizio pulled the plug on their quorum-sensing project and fled the country, McAfee began posting on a drug-focused Russian-hosted message board called Bluelight about his attempts to purify the psychoactive compounds colloquially known as "bath salts."

Writing under the name "stuffmonger," a handle he has used on other online message boards, McAfee posted more than 200 times over the next nine months about his ongoing quest to purify psychoactive drugs from compounds commercially available over the internet. "I'm a huge fan of MDPV," he wrote. "I think it's the finest drug ever conceived, not just for the indescribable hypersexuality, but also for the smooth euphoria and mild comedown."

Elsewhere, he described his pursuit of "super perv powder" and warned about the dangers of handling the freebase version of the drug: "I had visual and auditory hallucinations and the worst paranoia of my life." He recommended that the most effective way to take a dose is via rectal insertion, a procedure known as "plugging," writing: "Measure your dose, apply a small amount of saliva to just the tip of your middle finger, press it against the dose, insert. Doesn't really hurt as much as it sounds. We're in an arena (drugs/libido) that I navigate as well as anyone on the planet here. If you take my advice about this (may sound gross to some of you perhaps), you will be well rewarded...."

And there you go.

Rick

Well of course, everyone knows that free basing or"plugging" bath salts is the same as smoking pot. I also heard that they both lead to murder! Scientific proof delivered here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54xWo7ITFbg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Upvote 3