Cody Nelson rated 3* by 247sports

And Fred Scott. But come on Dajon Williams being a 2.

I should have clarified, I meant among the players they gave ratings to yesterday. Nonetheless, two 3* offensive lineman(Hunter Siddons/ESPN) is not too shabby.

I'd also like to add that John Schilleci was a steal and if we can hang on to him he'll be a player here. Work ethic is second to none and he's about as physical as you could ask for in a DB.

Edited by ntmeangreen11
  • Upvote 1

I'd also like to add that John Schilleci was a steal and if we can hang on to him he'll be a player here. Work ethic is second to none and he's about as physical as you could ask for in a DB.

I saw this young man at one of the games earlier in the season, and he was a bit bigger than I was expecting him to be. Good sign. Hope he can run. He should be able to handle himself as far as being a physical db. Hope he has the speed he needs to get it done.

• Upvote 1

Has Fred Scott as a fullback. I wonder if we will try to use him there seeing that we are stacked at linebacker and we are using a fullback more and more in our offense.

I haven't noticed a player being used as a fullback in terms of carrying the ball but we have used tight ends as a blocking back more and more. I believe, in Fred Scott's case, that he was recruited as a linebacker.

Edited by GrayEagle

Last year, this site rated the top 250 Texas high school recruits 3 stars or above. There are less than 400 signings in Texas, so obviously being rated a three by 247 is not a big achievement. All services seem to give out more threes every year, but none close to 247.

Maybe a three is more meaningful this year,but I wouldn't bet on it.

I haven't noticed a player being used as a fullback in terms of carrying the ball but we have used tight ends as a blocking back more and more. I believe, in Fred Scott's case, that he was recruited as a linebacker.

Yeah, that's the thankless job of being a true fullback. Scott is well under 6' tall so that's why I think a position switch could be a possibility, and the fact that we are stacked at linebacker. He will be given a shot at linebacker first, I just wouldn't be surprised to see him get moved and it is something to keep an eye on at the very least.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...