ULL Game MVP POLL

Harry

I voted for Delgado, who bailed us out on several and longs particularly that 3rd and 8 in the 4th.... but Jimmerson is verrrrry deserving too. Personally I thought Canales callled a good game, but not that outstanding that it deserves MVP.... ...after all the offense also totally failed to work during the first 2 quarters, and I am still not convinced it was a good idea to run it up the middle 3 times backed in within our 2 yard line

• Upvote 2

No mention of Marcus Trice?

Had the big fumble recovery, lead the team in tackles for loss, lead the team in solo tackles. Three or four of those were of the "that guy keeps running a looooong time if that tackle isn't made" type.

ETA: Really love his closing instincts. If the ball carrier gets anywhere near him, he runs to him, closes down his lanes and his options.

That is what the bowl game era defenses did, swarmed the ball carrier.

ETA2: Also, the OG's. Every time we called a play with a pulling guard he got there in a hurry and with malicious intent. Bowl teams did a lot of that too.

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 2

OK I'll add Atterberry and Trice but that's it. No more additions. No more. This was supposed to be a MVP poll not a "Harry's boneheaded omissions" discussion. I give you Trice and Atterberry but I will not give up my Chico.

Is this for real?

JimJim.

Yeah I thought about him being the clear leader but as Cerebus mentions, if Trice doesnt hop on that ball they could have scored and come back and won't that game. Attberry had a NICE night but frankly his great performance was somewhat overshadowed by Ray Guy Jr. playing for ULL. Heckfire, I could make a case for Olen as his kickoffs were as powerful as I've ever see albeit the wind may have assisted some.

I voted for Delgado, who bailed us out on several and longs particularly that 3rd and 8 in the 4th.... but Jimmerson is verrrrry deserving too. Personally I thought Canales callled a good game, but not that outstanding that it deserves MVP.... ...after all the offense also totally failed to work during the first 2 quarters, and I am still not convinced it was a good idea to run it up the middle 3 times backed in within our 2 yard line

I went with Delgado and JimJim too and I think DT gets an Honorable Mention as well.

O-Line without whom JimJim and Delgado go nowhere. I was most surprised by Delgado as he never catches anything away from his body until now. Chico is a big surprise too as he has never called that kind of play selection before. I hear he walked into the locker room at halftime and looked his O in the eyes and said; "We're opening it up!"

• Upvote 2

Gotta go with my boy Zach Orr, the D's leading tackler and a key 1st half interception that led to a FG.

not to mention, he's my adopted player, so I gotta show him some love...

looks like you and i were the only one's noticing his polamalu imitation. he was covering as good as any defensive back and laid out some good hits... well deserved sbc defensive player of the week.

• Upvote 1

Will Atterberry

Agree....Will got UNT out of big trouble at least twice with great punts from the end zone...and did you notice the fact that he handled some rather low snaps on FG's and XP's as well. Snaps were OK, just a tad low, so no banging on Blake here who has done a great job all year, but Will really did the job Tuesday night.

Mac was asked on the radio show if Will got a game ball for his efforts Tuesday...Mac said no...that really surprised me. If not Will, then who on special teams?

• Upvote 2