Cougar King's postgame thoughts

Cougar King

Scout and ESPN say otherwise. We have National Research funding and have been awarded Tier-One status plus our endowment dwarfs UNT's. However, there is no need to go into that discussion.

44-21 is the only thing I really need to say.

You are a college kid not drinking and getting laid is the only thing that needs to be said. Otherwise you'd be doing it and not trolling.

• Upvote 1

You are a college kid not drinking and getting laid is the only thing that needs to be said. Otherwise you'd be doing it and not trolling.

Read my OP. Plus why would I do that on Sunday when I have class and homework due the following day. Third, you know you have nothing to say football-wise when you try to insult someone's personal life and derail the thread.

Your team got embarrassed and blown out at halftime. Deal with it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I predicted a Houston win, but I honestly thought it would have been closer. As usual, we move the ball well between the 20's and sputter in the redzone. Nearly 500 yards of offense should have resulted in more points. Some of Houston's defenders couldn't tackle at all, and we really owe their secondary for making ESPN's top 10 plays.

Oh well, Houston is the better team this year. We are still very much a work in progress.

Read my OP. Plus why would I do that on Sunday when I have class and homework due the following day. Third, you know you have nothing to say football-wise when you try to insult someone's personal life and derail the thread.

Your team got embarrassed and blown out at halftime. Deal with it.

No arguments. We lost.

Why would you be occupied on a Sunday night? Probably the same reason you were in on Friday night. The clues are self evident. I won't bother illustrating what is too apparent to casual observers.

However, you have no idea how funny it is to hear someone trolling and defending their banter with "I have homework due". You are a child. Deal with it somewhere else.

Now go do your homework so you don't get grounded.

I don't know about you guys but I used to do the dirty while doing my homework on a Sunday. I liked killing two birds with one average sized stone.

No arguments. We lost.

Why would you be occupied on a Sunday night? Probably the same reason you were in on Friday night. The clues are self evident. I won't bother illustrating what is too apparent to casual observers.

However, you have no idea how funny it is to hear someone trolling and defending their banter with "I have homework due". You are a child. Deal with it somewhere else.

Now go do your homework so you don't get grounded.

Just a few thoughts I have...

1. I was disappointed with the tailgating atmosphere as well. It was absolutely electric in September. This was a lot less populated than I thought it'd be, although we still had fun. Houston unfortunately has a lot of bandwagon fans, and when the only win you have is against Rice, people aren't inspired to come out and attend the game, much less tailgate.

2. I was also surprised to see the game wasn't sold out, as I had been told it was. See the final sentence of comment #1.

3. UH folks are well aware that not every sporting goods store in the city of 2 million carries UH gear. It's frustrating to go to some Academy locations and see UT and A&M and even Tech aisles, but no or minimal UH aisles. All I can say, I suppose, is... supply, demand, etc. etc. and so forth and so on. You could also refer back to, again, the final sentence of comment #1.

4. I really liked the crowd that did show up, both the ones in red and the ones in green. It was great to hear both bands too. It all adds to game day atmosphere and fun.

5. I was in red and green. UH Alumni t-shirt and blinged-out UNT flip-flops. Darn me for leaving my UNT visor at home in Denton. A few people jokingly asked if I couldn't make up my mind, and I told them that I had graduated from one school and currently attend the other, so I would wear colors for both. I did the same thing at the game at Apogee last year, although the attitude from the fans from both sides who approached me at that game was different.

6. I understand the concept of "smack." I talk it myself quite a bit. I haven't done so that much these last 10 days or so because my schools were meeting on the football field. I am proud to have attended both schools and should be an alumna of both the University of Houston and the University of North Texas in May of 2013. You want to call me a Pollyanna or anything else, go right ahead, but I find the "Cougar High" and "North Texas State/Normal/Etc." comments tiresome and silly. I worked my tail off for one degree and am working my tail off for the other and will be proud to have both.

Am I glad the Cougars won? Yes. Would I have been glad to see the Mean Green win? Yes. Just can't have it both ways in college football.